Saturday, August 15, 2015

Travel Our World

I made today's card for the Male Room Challenge -  Vacation or On the Beach.
I went with the Vacation theme - so I could use my new stamps from Tim Holtz - City Scapes.  I stamped the Paris, London and Sydney City Scape stamps (there's also a Rome and San Francisco in the set) using Ranger Distress Hickory Smoke ink on Rustic Cream cardstock.
I sponged the edges with Ranger Distress Tea Dye ink and added Idea-ology Big Chat Stickers.  I drew around the stickers with a black Stabilo pencil and then rubbed it with a wet finger to smudge it.
I added an Idea-ology Small Talk sticker and a Happy Birthday sentiment inside.
You still have a few days to link up your masculine card over at the Male Room - check out all the details and DT inspiration here.

Also linking my card to Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark
(I used a Stabilo pencil around the word stickers and sponged the edges)
Stamps:  City Scapes and Handwritten Sentiments - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  Rustic Cream, Smokey Shadow - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Hickory Smoke and Tea Dye.
Accessories:  Black Stabilo Pencil, foam dots, Idea-ology Big Chat Stickers and Small Talk Stickers.

14 comments:

Pamellia said...

Fabulous masculine card Julia! I have been on the fence about purchasing this stamp set, but you may have just sold me! The neutrals really work for your design hugs :)

~amy~ said...

Such a great masculine card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous cityscapes! I love that Seattle one :)

Jeanne J. said...

Great masculine cared Julia - Love that skyline and all your beautiful inking!

Joyce said...

Fantastic masculine card. I love those city scapes, and you made a brilliant background with them. Your choice of colors/neutral is spot on.

Redanne said...

I love this stamp set too but never quite know how to use it - you really have inspired me with this fabulous card! Hugs, Anne xx

Annette Allen said...

What a cool card..

Deb said...

Fabulous card Julia, love the Hickory Smoke on the cream cardstock!

Monika Reeck said...

Love your vintage feel on this manly card
I especially love how you put the sentiment
great Manly card (I love making manly cards too you can peek at my blog if you have a bit time :) )
many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this week
see you again next week
hugs, Monika (DT Member)

*Vicki* said...

Such a perfect masculine design Julia!! Love the Vintage style image and how you've kept it looking CAS! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful masculine card Julia...just love your fabulous design and those stamps are incredible.

Marybeth said...

These are sometimes hard to do . This is a wonderful guy card , Julia!

Louise van Vuren said...

Great vacation theme. I love those city scape stamps you have used, perfect for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us in The Male Room
Louise xx

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous! Love the slightly vintage feel and the cityscape images are super - my idea of a fun vacation. Sorry I'm so late commenting, thanks for playing along with The Male Room's Vacation/Beach challenge!