Monday, August 24, 2015

The Simple Joys of Life - Once You Hit 64

I've got two CAS cards to share today.  First up, a floral card.
I used stamps from an older set from Papertrey Ink - Green Thumb (so old it's in the  PTI vault and costs more to purchase now!)  - I love the starburst look of these blossoms!  I masked the sentiment and stamped the florals around it (the technique on last weeks Make it Monday).  I added green rhinestones to the center of each blossom and double matted it to colored card stock.
I'm linking this card to:
AAA Card Challenge - Maskerade
City Crafters Challenge - Around the Corner (stamp in just one corner)
 Try it on Tuesday - Flowers

My second card was made for my friend at work -  our birthdays are about a week apart - so we always give each other cards and we go out to eat together.  It's a little tongue in cheek and I hope she takes it in the humorous way it was meant (!!???!!!)  I used some just released stamps and dies I got from PapertreyInk - Haunted Headstones Sentiments, Haunted Headstones, Haunted Headstones Dies and Scene It Halloween.
I can't believe I'm using them so quickly after I purchased them - usually I buy things, tuck them away and there they sit!  
 (I used Fine Linen cardstock for the cloudy moon/star background so it would be less macabre than black with the stamped tombstone!)
  I hope Deborah is still speaking to me after she opens this!! LOL!!!
I'm linking this card (just in the nick of time) to:
CASology Cue Card - Number



Simple Joys
Stamps:  Green Thumb - PTI
Paper:  White, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  True Black, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst, Limeaide Ice - PTI
Accessories:  Rhinestones - Kaiser
Once You Hit 64
Stamps:  Haunted Headstones Sentiments, Haunted Headstones
Paper:  White, Fine Linen, Soft Stone - PTI
Ink:  True Black, Classic Kraft - PTI
Accessories:  Haunted Headstones Dies, Scene It Halloween Eve dies - PTI, Rhinestones - Kaiser, foam dots.

17 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love your flower card with the masked sentiment! Great colors. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Two fabulous cards! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous stamping and loving that halloween card.. so fun

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic cards Julia! Love the stamped flowers and Halloween theme for the second!

Loll said...

Hi Julia. LOVE your masked sentiment and flowers cards ... the flowers are so pretty in the bright, summery mix of colours. I'm sure you friend will get a good laugh from the birthday card you made her. :) Looks like you are on a roll today, my friend!! xx

Loll said...

And thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers!! xx

Terry said...

Two great cards, Julia! I am sure your friend will just love her card and the humor behind it! Oh and Happy Birthday when it arrives!

Redanne said...

Both cards are fabulous Julia, I especially love the Halloween themed one, it is so funny and I am sure your friend will love it too! Anne xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your cards Julia and what a fun take on CASology. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Marybeth said...

Yay for using the Products right away! Beautiful masking card and I love the second one ....too funny!

Anonymous said...

What a crack up that second card is! Made me chuckle! Fabulous take on the cue too! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card for our challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards Julia...love them both and I am sure your friend will too.

Did I miss your birthday? Well best wishes anyway xx

Huge hugs Annie xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards Julia and such beautiful striking colours on the first one and clever masking too. Thanks so much for playing along at AAA cards. Sarah

Bonnie said...

I love these bursts of color with the masked sentiment, Julia! And I'm still laughing about the 2nd card! Thanks for sharing these with us at Happy Little Stampers!

Jill V said...

Love the masked sentiment and bursts of colour in your first card - it's a great CAS design! Thanks for linking up to AAA Cards! Jill

Neets B said...

I love your first card. The simplicity of the sentiment nestled between those colourful blooms is gorgeous.
Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x