Saturday, August 29, 2015

Chillax

Just a quick post this morning as we're off for a day at the cottage of my niece's in-laws in Hampstead, New Hampshire.  It's a gorgeous summer day here and the cottage is right on a lake so I think it's going to be a lovely day to be outdoors with friends and family!
I wanted to join in at the Muse Challenge #130 this week where Tracy's card was the inspiration.  
Here is her card:
and here's the card I created.  I used stamps from two Waltzingmouse sets.  I stamped the palm tree and sentiment from My Island onto Vintage Cream Linen card stock.  The blossom from Free Spirit Boy was stamped on white card stock, colored with Ranger Distress Markers, cut out and layered over the tree with foam dots.
Wishing everyone a wonderrful weekend!

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Even without the sentiment, this card is serene and calming! Love the subtle texture of the linen cardstock, too! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Julia!

Jenni's Jems said...

Love this I can feel the breeze and imagine myself lying on the beach ...bliss! x

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia this is such a beautiful card, I love the flowers and the beautiful blue. I hope you have a lovely time at the cottage, enjoy! Thank for you sharing with us this week at Muse!

Anne Harada said...

Great card Julia! Love the CAS design. Boy that cottage sounds like a wonderful place to be today, hope you had a blessed day with family! Hugs my friend!

Deb said...

Great cards Julia, hope you had a chillaxing time at the cottage! Deb xo

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Julie, so fresh and crisp. Love the CAS design . Tracy x

Kim Heggins said...

Just so pretty!