Sunday, December 21, 2014

Tim's December 2014 Tag

I missed the November tag and did not want to miss the last one of 2014 -  especially since I had almost everything Tim used on his tag!  (that's pretty scary and indicates I've been shopping TOO much!)
So - here is Tim's Tag and you'll find his tutorial for it here.
I changed a few things - not quite having everything Tim used -  I used clear Shrink Plastic instead of Frosted.
I used a Wendy Vecchi Ornate Dots stamp instead of a snowflake stamp on the background, you can see it behind the embossed bubbles above!  I used different colors of blue and green, a different foliage die and a different embossing folder on the clear panel.  
I stapled the clear panel to the tag instead of sewing it - and I added a piece of holly with 3 red berries to my deer as well as a rhinestone eye - but all in all - I ended up with pretty much the same result - which I love and I learned some new techniques for coloring my tag, ribbon and the piece I used for the foliage! Whoo hoo!
I'm also linking this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge -  Winter Inspiration


Stamps:  Wendy Vecchi - Ornate Dots
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI, Clear Shrink Plastic, Specialty Stamping Paper, Grunge Board, 8" Manilla Tag- Ranger, Coredinations Distress Collection.
Ink:  Archival Watering Can, Ranger Distress Walnut Stain.
Accessories:  Dies - Prancing Deer, Holiday Words/Script, Holiday Words/Blocks, Tag & Bookplate, Festive Greenery - Alterations; Idea-ology - Industrious Stickers/Frames and Trims, Jump Rings, Crinkle Ribbon, Adornments/Snowflakes;  Dots Embossing Folder - Darice; Tiny Attacher, Glue N Seal, Rock Candy Distress Glitter, Glossy Accents, Distress Paints Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, Distress Spray Stains Peacock Feather, Brushed Pewter, Mowed Lawn, Mini Mister - Ranger; bell from stash, wreath twine from stash, glue gun, foam tape, rhinestones - Kaiser Craft.

12 comments:

Samra said...

Gorgeous tag Julia! Happy Holidays!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful tag Julia! Your shimmery deer looks amazing as well as the background! Great take on the challenge!

Lisa Lara said...

I love this tag Julia. I am smitten with how you made your snow.

Pamellia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julia! Your reindeer is so shimmery, love it! Just a quick note to say A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS, big holiday hugs Pamellia :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome tag! The BLUE, the POP OF RED, the SHINY deer - yep, totally fabulous!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is really stunning Julia!! Love your design! Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Redanne said...

I love those bubbles and the deer looks fabulous in his glistening coat - a great take on Tim's tag Julia.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!! Hugs, Anne xx

Far North said...

What an awesome reindeer! Terrific colors and love your embossing folder!

Teresa Kline said...

darlin tag! .I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Merry Christmas!

sparkle & shine *~*

Jenny Marples said...

LOVE this version Julia. Jenny x

Loll said...

This tag is amazing Julia. LOVE all the techniques you've used. And that reindeer is so gorgeous! Definitely need to try using embossed acetate ... looks awesome over your sponged and stamped background. Loll xx

Paula Cheney said...

Julia - I sure love your shimmery Prancing Deer!