Friday, November 14, 2014

Waltzingmouse November Pajama Party!

It's the 14th of the month and that means it's time for the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party!  Around the 1st of every month Claire posts the 4 challenges for the party over at the Waltzingmouse Blog - so we can all get cracking on the challenges and have them ready to post on the 14th at the PJ Party!
Here are the 4 challenges for this month's party - along with the creations I made for them!
1. Scandi tags - Make a tag or set of tags featuring simple clean design - think Scandinavian style. 
For my tag I used stamps from the Nordic Winter set using red ink on a pretty almond colored dotted patterned paper.  I added an enamel dot to the center of the flower on the front and looped a piece of bakers twine through the hole.  I cut my tag with the Folding Tag Die.
 I'm entering my tag in the CASology - Festive challenge.
 And Addicted to Cas - Tags

2. Wrap it up warm - Show us your best gift wrapping - make a gift bag or box with a 'cozy' feel,
 I just love so many of Claire's wonderful templates have you checked them out??  For my gift box today I used her little Fairy House Box - which is one of her FREE templates. I cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo.
 The row of trees and row of stars stamps are from the Flurries Set.
 The snowflake and Merry Christmas are from the Alpine Christmas Set.  I cut the tag with a die from the Stitched Tag die set and the snowflake with a die from the Alpine Christmas Die Set.
 The roof lifts off the little house - and I tucked a gift card inside - and there's still plenty of room for either some candy treats or a another small gift.  I added Tiny Twinkles around the trees, stars and snowflake for a little sparkle.
 3. Old Pajamas -  Make a project using any of your older Waltzingmouse Christmas sets. (Claire asked the Design Team members who were coming to the party to use the Candy Jar Christmas sets)
I used stamps from Candy Jar Christmas  and Candy Jar Christmas Fillers as well as dies from the Jar Essentials Die Set for my card.  I stamped the Vintage Christmas Backgrounder on my background panel.  Doesn't it look just like old wallpaper?! When I stamped it - I didn't press all over the stamp so it left some un-stamped spots.  I colored the gingerbread men and the label with Copics and covered them with a layer of Glitter Glaze for some sugar coated sparkle!  I sponged all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I colored the faces and buttons with a black Glaze Pen.
 Here's what I stamped on the inside of my card.
4. Bedtime Story Sketch - Here is sketch no.8 -
 For my sketch card I used stamps from Flurries and Seasonal Flourish.  I cut out the center with the Pretty Panels #1 die.  The blue panel is popped up over the card base with foam tape and I added some rhinestones for sparkle.
Here's what I stamped on the inside of my sketch card using stamps from the same two sets as on the front.  Don't you just love the wonderful flourishes on these sentiments??!!
You have 24 hours to link up your creations over at the Waltzingmouse Blog where you will also find all the details as well as information on how you can win a prize!   I hope to see you at the WMS Pajama Party!

Tag:
Stamps:  Nordic Winter - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  DP - Almund Dot/BoBunny
Ink:  Archival Red Gerranium
Accessories:  Maraschino Bakers Twine - The Twinery, Folding Tag Die - Waltzingmouse, Enamel Dot - Home made from Perler Beads, Glue N Seal - Ranger.

Gift Box
Stamps:  Flurries, Alpine Christmas - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Green and Blue - Bazzill, white - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black and Coreflower Blue
Accessories:  Alpine Christmas Die Set (snowflake), Stitched Tag Set - Waltzingmouse,  Fairy House Box Template - Waltzingmouse, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Silhouette Cameo.

Gingerbread Card
Stamps:  Candy Jar Christmas, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Vintage Christmas Backgrounder - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Rustic cream - PTI
Ink:  Archival Watering Can and Cornflower Blue, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo
Accessories:  Copics - YR24, E19, BG10, Black Glaze Pen - Sakura, Jar Essentials Die Set - Waltzingmouse, Glitter Glaze Sheer Sparkle - MFT, foam dots.

Joy to the World
Stamps:  Flurries, Seasonal Flourish - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Blueberry Sky - PTI
Ink:  Archival Cornflower Blue and Jet Black
Accessories:  Rhinestones - Kaiser, Pretty Panels #1 die - Waltzingmouse, foam dots.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

These are brilliant Julia, I loved your wee happpy gingies!! the wee box is fabby, really refreshing colours and the wee trees and sparkly sky - super take on everything! thank you so much for playing along with everything! Hugs!!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful creations, I especially love the tag & the gingerbread men are gorgeous :)

Kate said...

So much to take in - I'm always blown away by you creations Julia.
I'm so happy that the design team members are showcasing the Candy Jar Christmas - I've had it for months now and still haven't used it.

Loll said...

Four beautiful project Julia. Especially like the scandi tag and the gingerbread men are adorable!! Loll xx

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Julia, love all your creations! Thank you for demonstrating the Folding Tag, I put it on my wish list at WMS :) I like your Bedtime Story Sketch card - how you combined soft rounded shape for sentiment with edgy snowflakes. This is so cute to stamp a gingerbread man inside the card! Thanks a lot for nice comments at my blog, this matters for all of us crafters :)

Angelnorth said...

Great PJ Party projects Julia, I love your gingerbread men especially wth their sugay coating! Nice, elegant take on the sketch too!

~amy~ said...

TONS of fabulous inspiration Julia!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Julia! What amazing projects! I especially love your Scandi tag...such a cool design, I love how it folds open! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Annette Allen said...

I always look forward to seeing what you make for Christmas.. these are amazing..

Claire said...

Looks like this months party kept you busy Julia - all gorgeous..the gift boxes look far too nice to open and those gingerbread men really do look good enough to eat!

Maureen said...

What fabulous inspiration - these projects are all breathtaking!!

Jen W. said...

Wow, you've been super busy, Julia! Love the Scandinavian design on your first card and the way it opens up. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
Those "sugared" gingerbread men are totally adorable too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lots of fun eye candy on this post! Love the way your tag opens~ Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful projects Julia! I love them all! The glittery gingies, that clean window card, and the scandi just blew me away - that tag that opens is amazing!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER! All of these creations are so festive and fun!! I really love the different projects and especially with the scandi set! Beautiful work!! :) HUGS

Deepti said...

Wow you are so very creative !! I love all the variety of projects u create :) the tag design is superb!