Friday, June 24, 2011

Hope Your Birthday is Tons of Fun!

I made this card for the SCS Sketch Challenge this week. 


My circus images are from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps  Isn't this a great set for kids cards?!

I cut my green circle,  sliced off an edge of it and cut a slightly larger yellow one cutting the edge with Fiskar's scallop scissors. I embossed the circle with Tim Holtz Checker Board embossing folder.

I colored my circus tent, banners, tickets and letters in the sentiment with Copics.

I used the colors from the Create 4 fun color challenge. Green, aqua and yellow.

Thanks for stopping by today!   See you tomorrow for the WMS Saturday Sketch!

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy - The Big Top

Paper: Solar white - Neenah Classic/Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, white - PTI, Blue - DCWV, New Leaf, Harvest Gold - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics - G14, G21, B14, B21, Y17, Y13, Y02, E37, scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" punch - SU, 1 12" punch EK Success, gems Darice (Michaels), Fiskars Scallop scissors, Tim Holtz Checker Board Embossing Folder, foam tape

15 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

How cute! Love those colors, very happy card!

Lisa Elton said...

Geat job! This is such a cute stamp set...love that circus tent!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so love this awesome and fun card!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun birthday card Julia! Love the big top tent! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Crystal said...

Julia wow this is such a SUPER FUN birthday creation, what a fabby color combo!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun design Julia!! LOVE the carnival theme stuff!! :) Have a great weekend hun!!

Cyndie said...

Oh, I love this! The vivid colors combined with the off-center composition is just perfect!

Sue Lelli said...

Julia, your card just screams Kid Birthday FUN! LOVE the circus tent and the tickets! So FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant - such a wonderful card for children. Bright colours, a circus tent and I love the tickets!! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!!

ally said...

Wow your so talented! I love your blog and projects.

I just started my blog and still learning how to do all this.. I'd love for you to see my blog and comment and give me any advice you can. If you get the chance to!!

Great work on all your projects :)

Ally

http://www.allyrosedesigns.blogspot.com

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv the circus theme...

Don't forget to add it to our linking party here
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Kecia said...

This is such a fun card! The colors look great together...and put forth such a playful feel. Love it!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute kids card julia-love this stamp set-I may have to order it

Unknown said...

Such a fun, fun card, Julia! Love the bright colors and your wonderful layout! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!