Monday, October 25, 2010

Pics from the Fair and Two Challenges

Hello friends! I'm finally back after a very busy weekend working at my church fair -Yikes - I'm exhausted! I have a few pictures to share with you today.

Here's the main hall where we have the Candy Table, Baked Goods, Country Store, Knit Table, and the Stamped Cards and Crafts Table.
Here's all the delicious hand made candy - I bought my usual 1/2 pound of Cashew Turtles - Yum!!

These are some of the sweet little kids sweaters someone made and donated to the Knit Table.
Here's a view of my Stamped Cards/Crafts table.

In another hall on the first floor we have a Jewelry table and a Holiday Table.
Downstairs we have a book table - actually more like a book 'area' with great bargains - hardcovers cost 50 cents and paperbacks are a quarter!

On Friday night we have a pie social - and on Saturday there is a Snack Bar for lunch.

In another hall downstairs we have the ever popular White Elephant room (a polite name for 'junk'!!)
And seeing as I wasn't able to stamp all weekend - I just had to do a couple of the Split Coast challenges today!

My first project is for Joan's Try a New Technique challenge - to make a Christmas Ornament. She had several examples to inspire us. I wanted to try the double ball ornament - You can find the Tutorial in the SCS forum here

What a fun little gift tag this will make - and then the recipient can put it on their tree! AND it's quick and easy to make! You really need to try one! This also fits Kimme's Hope You Can Cling to challenge to use ribbon.

Stamps: none
Paper: Amuse
Ink: none
Accessories: pin & jewels - Mark's Finest Papers, wrinkled seam binding - www.prairiebirdboutique.etsy.com

I made this card for the SCS Clean and Simple challenge - to use gingham or checks. It also fits Jessica's Hope You Can Cling To challenge - Sew Thankful for Friendship. To use some kind of stitching on your card.

I used gingham patterned paper from Amuse. The stamps are Waltzingmouse - the stitching stamp for my faux stitched borders is from Off Beat Backgrounds, the heart and sentiment are from Seasons of Love
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Seasons of Love, Off Beat Backgrounds
Paper: white - PTI, DP- Amuse
Ink: Ranger Distress Faded Jeans, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: heart button & silk ribbon - PTI, glue dot,

Thanks for coming by today - I'm off to bed - gotta try and catch up on my sleep!

20 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Even after a busy week end you manage to post some gorgeous creations!!!! I'd just seen your gingham card on SCS - beautiful love the stitching along with Claire's beautiful stamp. I have to try one of these baubles....yours is lovely!! I'm sure your table at the church fair was empied very quickly!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

The fair always looks like so much fun. Chocolate turtles, yum!

Super duper ornament and a sweet card too!

Bev J. said...

Your fair looks like somewhere I would like to shop!!

Pretty ornament.

Monique said...

Looks like a lot of goodies at the fair!! You have inspired me to try one of those ornaments .Very cute!! Love your card to Julie.. :)

Mary Marsh said...

hope the fari was successful for the church-looks like there was a lot of stuff to buy-2 great projects you posted julia-love your sweet gingham card

Stella said...

Both the ornament and the card; they are breathtaking.
The pictures of the fair are so fun to look at; I'm glad you had a good time!

anya said...

Looks like you had a great time at the fair, Julia! I hope all your hard work paid off. The paper ornament that you created is gorgeous! So pretty in those soft shades of blue!

Joan Ervin said...

Looks like your craft sale was a success, Julia...wish I could have been there to check out all your wonderful goodies!!! I love the gorgeous ornament you made, too....love the papers and your card is sooo pretty!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

WoW Julia! Looks like you had a fun time at the fair - thanks for sharing those photos! That ornament is gorgeous & your card is darling! Love the whimsical stitching! I would love to give that ornament a try - thanks for the inspiration!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a great fair! Looks like I would have spent way too much $$ there! LOL

I love your ornament and the card is just darling (I do love that stamp set! I'm planning to use it this year also!)

Hugs!

velta said...

My goodness Julia you have been a busy girl! What fun you must have had at this fair! I wanted to grab one of those turtles...geez I so love them...the children's sweater's are always a favorite and I love your adorable ornament. TFS!

Dee in N.H. said...

Hi Julia, Looks like there was some really great shopping there. Loved the pics. I must try one of those pretty ornaments. TFS

Janine said...

WOW!! The fair looked fabulous and the challenge results are wonderful!!

B said...

Oh Julia, the ornament looks fabulous! And your church fair looks like so much fun! I wish we had something like that! So cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, a fair can keep you busy for sure!! :) I adore your ornament and the stunning card with the sewing!! LOVE it all!! TFS!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! After all that work with the church fair you still had time to make a fabulous card and gorgeous ornament! Amazing, girl! Good times and wonderful creations, Julia!

Alice said...

looks like a really fun fair! thanks for sharing those wonderful photos. your ornament is fabulous, such a wonderful idea. very pretty card, too!

Wanda Cullen said...

Thanks for sharing your pics...looks like a fun place to visit! Love your CAS heart card and the homespun feel with the gingham and stitching!

Pauline said...

Great pics from your church fete, and love your bauble tag and gingham card, the faux stitching looks fab.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I made some on those ornies last year, thanks for the flashback, you did great with your!!