Friday, August 8, 2008

You Know You Are Old When.....

Kent and I are going to our cottage in NH this weekend for an annual Cousins Party - and one of the cousins is celebrating her 50th birthday this month - so I made this 'tongue in cheek' card for her! I'm several years past 50 so that age doesn't seem old to me at all !!!! LOL!!! but I know it's a milestone birthday. Everyone will be teasing her about how 'old' she is...

I used this fun stamp and sentiment from the Gina K set called "Tickle Your Funny Bone" that I colored with my Prismacolor markers. I used a silver Spica pen on the bumper and hub caps so they have a shimmer IRL and I added a pearl to the lovely ladies neckline. I added a flower in true 1960's VW decorating tradition (for those old enough to remember those days!) The sentiment was cut using a Spellbinder ribbon tag trio die and the ribbon was woven through. The image panel and scalloped frame were cut with rectangle Nestabilities.


Inside I added a strip of the same designer paper at the top and stamped the sentiment off center. I hope she likes it and takes it in the good humor that it's presented - I'm sure she will!

Stamps: Gina K - Tickle your funny bone

Paper: White - Papertrey Ink, Real Red - SU, DP - My Minds Eye - star bright dottie dude

Ink: Onyx Black Versafine

Supplies: spell binder ribbon tag trio, cuttlebug, nestability squares, red dotted ribbon, spica silver pen, prismacolor markers, small flower - Doodlebug Design.

12 comments:

Barbara Schram said...

I love it! And I too, amd into the 50 years and know that I am lucky when i remember where i parked the car! So...sad. LOL Great card, she is sure to treasure it.

Lauri said...

I turned 50 a few months ago so I am sure she will love it!!! We all have to take our age in stride!

Denise Marzec said...

SUPER cute card, Julia! Love it!

Have fun in NH!

~amy~ said...

FUN card Julia!!! I have to say that I'm always "losing my car" and I'm not 50....last year I traded in my cute green vw new beetle for a grey honda...I can never seem to find my car in the sea of other grey cars...lol

Have a super weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Your card is too cute! Love the humor. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

She will love it-just a hoot! Hope your trip is lots of fun.

Kim said...

Oh, my gosh, what a funny card! I love it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cute, Julia, This is such a fun image and sentiment! So true!

Carolina said...

Oh what a fun card - love it!!!

Jenn Muraoka said...

Hahaha! Okay, this is so funny! I love it. Wonderful job, Julia. I love the stamp, with granny! It's just hilarious. Hugs, Jenn

Deanna said...

HAHAHAHAHA... I am off to checkout the rest of this stamp set! LOL

Beverly said...

this is too funny! love that bright paper too!