Monday, August 11, 2008

Orange You Sweet - Artful INKables Sneak Peek #2

Those of you who know me know that I am all about the crafts - I love making little bags and boxes, notebooks and containers!

So for this sneak peek I made a Bag in a Box (see link to tutorial at end of post).

This beautiful orange tree stamp and fun sentiment are part of a new set from Artful INKables called Orange You Sweet and it will be available for you to purchase this Thursday August 14th! This set has 2 fun images and 1 sentiment.

All of Kristin's stamps are deeply etched red rubber, come cut out and mounted on cling mount and packaged in a clear CD box - ready for you to put on your acrylic blocks and start stamping!

I used this pretty designer paper for the box and spring moss card stock for the base and scalloped edge. This container is about 5 1/2" tall and would be a perfect 'thank you' or hostess gift filled with little candies! I left the lovely ribbon just knotted as I could NOT make a good looking bow! And then I found I liked the look of the ends drapped around the image!!
The ribbon is threaded through 2 punched round tabs (front and back). I attached large eyelets to the tabs using my Cropadile. The panels are cut with Long Nesatability Rectangles. I colored the orange tree using ink pads and Fantastix - coloring tool brushes made by Tsukineko - you just put the tip of them on the ink pad and they absorb ink and you can 'paint' with them. I also used a couple of Prismacolor markers for the trunk, pot and outline shadow.


The fun sentiment is on a panel cut with a die from the Spellbinder Tag Trio set. It's attached over the image with foam dimensionals. You can just see a peek of the scalloped edge on the base panel - I used my slit punch for the scallops and hole punch for the circles.

I found the tutorial for this Bag in a Box on Cambria's blog here. I hope you'll try making one of these fun bags - they are really easy (accept for the bow part maybe!!)

Please check out the blogs of the other Artful INKables Design Team Members to see what great things they have created to show you using this lovely stamp set.

Beth

Jenn

Pam

Kristin

The Arful INKables Design team will all be having Sneak Peeks every day until Thursday August 14th when you will be able to purchase your very own sets from these peeks!

So please check back every day to see what fun things are coming!!

Stamps: Orange You Sweet - Artful INKables

Paper: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss - PapertreyInk, DP- Bitty Baby Blessings - PapertreyInk

Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Summer Sunrise & Spring Moss - PapertreyInk

Supplies: Fantastix - Tsukineko, cropadile, round tab punch & Slit Punch - SU, Prismacolor markers, Spellbinders Tag Trio, Long nestability rectangles, hole punch, extra large eyelets: we R Memory Makers, tacky tape, Spring Moss Satin ribbon - papertreyInk.

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your Bag in a Box! The dp and the beautiful orange tree stamp go together perfectly!

pammyrn said...

Julia, this is wonderful. Awesome job on coloring the orange tree.

Hugs pam

Lauri said...

This is a gorgeous design of color, paper and image!

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag, Julia, and such a pretty new image! Great coloring and your paper and color choices are fantastic! Hope you had a great weekend!
smiles,Deena

Barbara Schram said...

THIS is fanatastic!!! I love the image and your coloring is perfect! Great preview, Julia.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Oh, WOW! Your creation is gorgeous. I really love the image and sentiment, but it is your beautiful artwork that brings it to life.

Gwen said...

this is beautiful!!! love it!!!

dpkennedy said...

What a great box! The stamp is adorable!

Snippets Inc Craft Boutique said...

This is so beautiful! Love the design and paper.

Catherine said...

I yet to try this bag in a box. Simply beautiful!