Friday, August 1, 2008

Need a Masculine Birthday Card?? or a Scrappy Card??

I made this card for the Sketch Challenge over at Split Coast. Here is the sketch we were given:And here is the card I created using it.


I always need more male cards in my 'stash supply' so I decided to use my new Artful INKables Motorcross set and this fun Basic Grey Archaic designer paper - which I thought looks kind of like a dirt bike trail with it's colors and swirls!On the helmet - I cut out the visor shape from a piece of acetate and attached it over the stamping with the brad so it looks like a real visor on there. The sentiment is punched with the word punch from Stampin Up. Both the helmet and sentiment are up on foam dimensionals.
I really like this sketch today! Maybe it will inspire you to create a card using it too!?
Stamps: Artful INKables: Motorcross and Basic Salutations
Paper: Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust: SU, DP: Basic Grey Archaic
Ink: Espresso: Adirondack

This card is for the Ways to Use it Challenge over at Split Coast - to make a card using paper scraps from your work table and also for my weekly Double Dare challenge I do with a few SCS friends.

The Double Dare challenge was hosted by Beverly (Beestamper) and she gave us a sketch to use.


And here is the scrappy card I made using the sketch!

We also had to use this weeks color challenge of groovy guava, sahara sand and whisper white. This card is so out of my norm - I tried to get really scrappy here tearing and distressing and sponging! I felt like a mini-me of One4Joy today - she always makes collage distressed cards and is much better at it than me!!!

You can check out the other Double Dare cards here.

Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms: Pretty Patterns BG stamp, Lady: European Memories Limited Edition RS, Unique: See d's Savoir Faire, circle: Studio G clear stamp
Paper: Sahara Sand, DP: Afternoon Tea SU
Ink: Groovy Guava, Sahara Sand: SU
Accessories: crystal sticker pearls, lace scraps, paper flower: CTMH, sponge, foam dimensionals

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome cards....I especially LOVE that first one. PERFECT guy card!

Lee said...

Yes!!! And I ADORE this sketch!!! I've used it twice already!! I love how you used it for a masculine card!! I'll have to try that next!!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!!!

Carolina said...

Wow - just amazing job with both sketches! Love the masculine take on the first sketch, I have such a hard time with them and you pulled it off so perfectly!

Anonymous said...

fabulous! I can always use ideas for masculine cards!
smiles,Deena

pammyrn said...

Julia, these are wonderful. Love your art.

Hugs Pam

Jenn Muraoka said...

What extremes! I love both of them. This really shows off your talent Julia. You can go from masculine to sweet and feminine in a snap. Hugs, Jenn