Saturday, August 23, 2008

An Inspired Martini !

Sounds good to me! (an appletini that is!) This weeks inspiration challenge over at Split Coast was pretty designer umbrellas - I chose this one: I knew I'd use this great designer paper from Papertrey for it and I also used the Floral Fantasy and Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folders. I used the Swiss Dots folder right over the DP.The martini and sentiment are from a new set from Artful Inkables called Olive You. I have started sewing a lot on my cards lately and since I have my machine out - I sewed the edges here. This is a large 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card! This design is from Fridays Sketchers challenge blog.

I colored the martini image with my Copics markers and outlined it with a grey Prismacolor marker.


I cut my sentiment with a rectangle Nestability and added a couple of gem stones for sparkle!

Just a reminder that Kristin at Arful Inkables is offering free shipping through August (just a few more days!) on orders over $35.00 and she also has some cute new charms (dragon, fairy, frog, motor cycle, mushroom and wedding couple) and acrylic blocks on her site. So if you've been thinking of getting something now's the time to hop over there!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today - leave a comment so I can come visit your blog too!

Stamps: Olive You - Artful Inkables
Paper: White, Summer Sunrise, SPring Moss, DP - Bitty Babby Blessings Collection all Papertrey Ink
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Spring Moss - PTI
Accessories: nestability rectangles, gem stones - Hero Arts, dotted sheer ribbon - Michaels, sewing maching, cuttlebug, Floral Fantasy & Swiss dots folders, sponge, copic markers

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I love these papers/prints...so pretty! Great layout too.

~amy~ said...

What a fun martini card Julia! Great job on the challenge!

Debbie said...

Great card. Love the zesty coloured papers.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and great fun image! Thanks for trying my sketch and for joining us at friday sketchers.
Carole ;o)

Jilli said...

Gorgeous papers, love that image! Jillix

Bonnie said...

Love this....those papers are perfect! I have all my Papertrey dp put away so carefully that I end up forgetting all about it!!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Julia! Your coloring is fabulous!!

pammyrn said...

awesome I love this card!!!

Hugs Pam

Catherine said...

what else can we expect from you =)
just beautiful

Donna Baker said...

what pretty dp, love this card

Shirley said...

What a cute and pretty card, Julia. TFS