Thursday, September 24, 2026

Guest DT - Just Us Girls - #842 - Stencil Week

Well, I've come to the end of my September Guest DT stint at Just Us Girls!  

I've had a wonderful creative time making cards for each of the September challenges and playing along with the talented Design Team.  Thank you JUGS for giving me this honor! 

Here is the final JUGS challenge for September!

I dug out a stencil that I've had for several years and never used!  I do that a lot - receive an order, file it safely away and then forget I have it?!?! 

I used an 8 piece stencil from The Greetery - Stencil Scapes - Autumn. (still available!)

I stencilled my first card onto water color paper, which gives it added texture. 
The sentiment is from Thankful for Fall Mini set by Papertrey Ink.


Then, since I had ALL 8 of the inks out, I stencilled a 2nd card on white card stock.  The colors are brighter on the white but the texture is gone.

I think both are pretty!


So - thank you Just Us Girls for having me join you for the month of September - I had a lovely time creating for your challenges!
  
I hope you will join with me and the talented DT over at Just Us Girls - and show us your creative design using stencils!  You'll find the challenge and Mr. Linky here.

Also linking my card to:

First time using this years old stencil set!

Anything using stencils

New England, USA   Fall: orange, green, yellow, brown




Stamps: Thankful for Fall - Papertrey Ink.
Paper: Water Color Paper - Spellbinders, white - Papertrey Ink.
Ink: Fresh Leave, Mocha, Espresso, Nimbus, Misty Morning, Chamamile, Sand Dune - Altenew, Cajun Craze - SU, Nocturne - Versafine Clair.
Other Supplies: Stencil Scapes - Autumn - The Greetery, blender brushes.

16 comments:

cm said...

Joining you in buying products then squirreling them away for long periods of time. I'm sure I have several in such a state right now! Glad that your Autumn stencil scapes made its debut for this challenge; it's wonderfully detailed and so pretty, in both versions. Eight inks? That's a definite yes to making more than one card when you have the supplies out.
You've been a most creative, inspiring guest designer this month! Sorry to see you go here but...I'm so lucky to have you on the INK team!
Hugs~carol

Diane said...

I absolutely LOVE this, I have been wanting this stencil myself for quite some time, it really 'packs a punch'!! This year I started a small clear bin to put my 'newly' purchased things in and am trying to work from it mostly, it's actually kind of embarrassing seeing it all and I have 3 new orders coming this week, it's a sickness LOL!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Stencil Fun Co-Owner

I Card Everyone said...

Julia, I adore this set and was so grateful to have it gifted to me from a friend! Your colors for Fall are just fantastic - both pretty, but I'm with you with that texture from the wc paper!
I'd better get this set out to play again!
You were a fabulous guest designer, my friend!
=]

TK said...

Welcome, Guestie! You've created an awesome scene. I love all the details in this set and you colored it beautifully!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is one elaborate stencil set! And doing it on that watercolor paper makes it look like a Crosstitch. It is very cool end effect.. thanks so much for being an awesome guest designer with JUGS for the month of September!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning stenciling, both on smooth & watercolor paper, Julia!! Love your color combo!!

Lisa Elton said...

It's been such a treat having you guesting with us, Julia! Your finale card is fabulous as is the bonus version. So glad that set said pick me, pick me!

Carol said...

Thanks so much for being our guest this month Julia! I have looked at this stencil set many times and thought I should get it. I love your two versions showing how the paper can change the look. Both are fabulous! All of your cards this month were fab!

HilaryJane said...

Wow, that's a very impressive scene. I really like the one with the texture. I am glad you have finally used those stencils. I try to use everything new before I put it away and forget about it! xx

Bonnie said...

This stencil is awesome both ways, Julia! What awesome fall cards both worthy of framing! I hope you aren't having problems from the nor'easter. I see that coastal MA is being hit hard. Take care and be safe!

Loll said...

This is so cool!! Love your gorgeous stenciled scene Julia. The autumn colours are so beautiful. Really pretty sentiment too. xx

Ina G said...

Oh My! what a stunner you have created here Julia. Love the w/c texture you got from the first one and such magnificant colours. Sheer beauty with all those amazing layers. The different papers show them both off beautifully. So lucky for us to have you share your works with us ths month at JUGS. Thanks.

Kate said...

This is simply spectacular Julia - love how you've nestled that wonderful sentiment in there too! Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges in our Seasonal Colours Challenge, always grateful to have you join us!
Hugs, Kate!

Bobby said...

That stencil makes a wonderful autumn scene, Julia. It looks great with or without the texture. It's been a pleasure having you as our guest this month. I look forward to see you in the gallery again.

ElizStewart said...

Julia... i don't remember ever seeing this stencil. I love it and what you have done with it! The colors are wonderful and seeing the image on two types of cardstock inspirational. Thrilled you are our guestie at Just Us Girls this month!

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is quite a masterpiece and deserves to be in a frame! Thanks for sharing at Time Out:)