Sunday, September 6, 2026

Birthday Balloons in Blue and Brown

 I finally sat down to make a card for the latest Color Hues Challenge



Sometimes I have trouble designing with colors I'm told to use but I loved these two colors!
I was going to go floral - but when I got to my craft room - it morphed into balloons!

Balloons could be for anyone - and these colors make it ok for a masculine birthday card I think?!

I simply stamped the image and sentiment and colored the image with Copics.
I cut the panel to 4"x 5 1/4" so there's a little card base framing just to add some interest!

I got this stamp set as a free gift from Simon Says Stamp several years ago for my birthday.  I think I've only used it once before.





Stamps: Festive Balloons Stamps and Die Set - Simon Says Stamp (free from SSS for my birthday several years ago).
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper: White - Papertrey Ink
Other Supplies: Copics B45, E34

11 comments:

Loll said...

Perfect masculine birthday card Julia! Great image to colour with this wonderful combination of blue and brown. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Great as a masculine card Julia, but also for just about anyone! CAS and a perfect way to use our challenge colors and also a great way to say Happy Birthday to someone (BIG or small)!! Thanks so much for sharing this FUN card with us at the Color Hues Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

Erica E. Fields said...

It really is a card that can be used for a man and beautifully colored on the watercolor paper. Thx for the share.

HilaryJane said...

I am very glad that you have used that stamp set again. It works brilliantly with those colours and makes it perfectly masculine xx

Susan B said...

I agree - I too have trouble with a lot of colour challenges. But you aced this - the balloons in blue and brown make for a perfect masculine card.

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect way to use these colors, Julia! It makes a great card for a guy, a gal or a kid of any age! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

This is a nice birthday card, Julia. Isn't funny how sometimes you can have one direction in mind and low and behold you end up going in an entirely different direction. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues.

Lisa Elton said...

Those colors morphed into a terrific CAS birthday card!

Christine said...

I love that colour combo, and those fun balloons ❤️ Great Birthday card xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous balloons, Julia - so great in those colors!!

Stef Perry said...

Why not balloons for a masculine card? I think they look fabulous, Julia! Great shading for the translucent effect on the balloons and a wonderful CAS design. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Color Hues!