Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2026

I am Guest Designer at Color Hues 7/16/26!

 I was so excited to have my Tulip card chosen as a winner for the Black Yellow challenge back on June 16th and to be asked to be the Guest Designer for today's Color Hues Challenge as well!  

      
Here's the card I made using Black/Red with white, an allowed neutral.

I have had this cute Skate Boarding Terry die from Spellbinders for several months and I was happy to finally get him out to make this card!

Terry is popped up on foam dots as well as the larger cloud (dies from Memory Box).  The sentiment strip was in my Birthday drawer (unknown origin?! I usually mark them?!).  I added white enamel dots from Altenew to the wheels.

I added a Happy Birthday sentiment inside.
So please join the super talented Design Team over at Color Hues - along with me - and show us your card using Black and Red!

And a BIG thank you to the team for asking me to join with you for this challenge as well!


I'm also sending my card to:


1st time using Skateboarding Terry die!


ends 7/21

Favorite Pet and Why
I love dogs because they give unquestioned love and comfort
I have had 3 dogs ( Cocker spaniel mix, Great Dane - best dog EVER!, and a mix rescue) over the years and my son now has 3 (my granddoggies!)

skate boarding




Paper:  Hammered White (on Terry) - Amazon (from England), Pure Poppy, True Black, White, DP Bitty Big Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink.
Other Supplies:  Skateboarding Terry Die - Spellbinders, Puffy Clouds Dies - Memory Box, white enamel dots - Altenew, foam dots, sentiment strip from stash.

19 comments:

  1. Your skateboarding Terry is absolutely darling, Julia! The polka dot background, the clouds, Terry: talk about a fun, fresh and fabulous way to showcase red and black! Love your card and love that you're out guest designer for this challenge!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable skateboarding doggy, Julia - love your take on the red/black theme!! Congrats on being a guest designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about the polkie dots, sis! Such a fun choice for a fun and funny skate-boarding Westie!! This card makes MY soul happy! Congrats on Guest Designing and thanks for linking again to NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry is absolutely adorable, Julia! I LOVE the polka dots and enamel dots on his skateboard's wheels, too!
    Congratulations on your win and GD spot!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love how the adorable doggy pops off the black & white polka dot background! Thank you so much for joining us as a guest designer over at the Color Hues Color Challenge! 🖤❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skateboarding puppy couldn't be cuter! I love your polka-dot background and the enamel dots on the wheels are terrific. That sentiment really makes the card special! We're delighted to have you as Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big congrats on your win and guesting! Your card is oodles of fun. Loving the cutie little dog and the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me right away with the black & white polka dotted background Julia, but oh my gosh is Terry ever ADORABLE!! How fun to see him on a skateboard and the challenge colors worked out so perfectly for this sweet, sweet card my friend! Thanks so much for joining us as GD for this Color Hues Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so much fun to look at. Lucky recipient. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the spotty background. I would never have been brave enough to do that, but it works so well. What a great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card! Love the little Westie, and such a good idea to have him on a red skateboard. Great use of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to have you guesting with us, Julia! Your card brought a huge smile to my face and to others as well, I am certain of it. Your skateboarding Terry is so cute. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy that you are guest designing with us for this challenge, Julia, and I LOVE this little pup on his skateboard! The polka-dots make this even more playful and fun! Thanks for inspiring us all, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the win Julia and I have to say your card is a perfect showcase of the new pairing. That little pooch is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had me with white polka dots on black but then that dog! Love how he's zipping along on his skateboard. Such a fun way to showcase these colors, Julia! So happy to have you guest design for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG too cute and I love how you put him on the skate board 😂. Better on it than running after it xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Skateboarding Terry works great in these colours! I love the polka dots and the sentiment too. Thanks for being our guest this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Skateboarding Terry is utterly adorable Julia - his bright red skateboard and the polka dot background make for such a fun card! Congratulations from your fellow GD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I really appreciate it! Julia