Friday, October 12, 2018

Spooky crafts from the past!!!

This month Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team is sharing new and old creations for Halloween/Fall using Eileen's dies!

Today I have two from the past, and rather than repeat my tutorials, I'm just posting photos with links to my prior posts!

I die cut her Cup Cake Stand and turned it into a spooky apothecary table from a witches laboratory for Halloween!   I presently have this cute decoration on a side table in my living room!  It measures 3 1/2"h x 3 1/2" w.  I posted this first almost exactly 1 year ago!  
See supplies listed below.  You will find all the details here.
Here are all the pieces cut from the die.  I didn't end up using the banner piece.

I made my second project in August of 2016 using Eileen's then newly released Twist & Style Tool to create the twisted wire to hold my flying bat and dangling skeleton hand on my potions bottle!

Here's the Twist & Style Tool - with the wire wrapped around it just before twisting!
 I made 3 pieces with 3 different charms on the ends.
You'll find more photos and details for this project on my post here.  Supplies are listed below.
So please check out Eileen's blog all this month for some wonderful Halloween/Fall Inspiration using her Sizzx dies!

Witches Apothecary table
Paper:  Little Sizzles Black Matboard - Sizzix, Paper Stash Materialize/Tim Holtz Ink:  Versamark Accessories:  Eileen Hull Cup Cake Stand and Pennant Die - Sizzix, Mini Cat and Raven Movers and Shapers Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, Ideaology Skulls, Clipping Stickers/Halloween, Apothecary Vials, Adornments Halloween (Spider), Pumpkin Pieces,  Miniature Poison in the Nature Book - Ever After Miniatures Etsy Shop, real leaf,  Tan and Cranberry Embossing Powders - Adirondack, twine, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Tarnished Brass Distress Glitter - Ranger, black Sharpie marker, Black Stabilo Pencil.

Twisted Wire Halloween Potion
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  corked jar - The Christmas Tree Shops, Haunted Rub Ons - Cosmo Cricket, foam bats - Michaels, Twist and Style Tool - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, 22 gauge floral wire - Joanns,  skeleton hand charm - Funkie Junkie Boutique, Idea-ology Adornments/Cross Bones, Adirondack Alcohol Ink - Latte, Frantage Aged Gold Embossing Powder - Stampendous, water and red food coloring.






9 comments:

Bonnie said...

These projects sure are keepers, Julia! Thanks for sharing them again!

Jo said...

You are a master at 3D projects. There is so much detail, what imagination and patience! These are precious pieces to keep for a lifetime. MAGIC! xx

Redanne said...

Definitely worth a second look, they are both beautiful projects! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous posts and well worth an encore for this spooktacular season xxx

Papercraft Boutique said...

I remember the spooky apothecary table you posted last year, Julia! This is so cool! It takes time to make each item and put them together, but you can enjoy the table every year. I love your 3D projects!
Hideko xx

Kim Heggins said...

fabulous...love all your wonderful creations! so spooky!

Mac Mable said...

You are so creative Julia and you have such talent with your 3D mixed media projects. A real inspiration x Thank you x.

eileen hull said...

You are always finding such cool ways to use these dies Julia! Love these two creative Halloween projects- glad they are able to be set out each year!

Words and Pictures said...

I was just about to protest that I was sure I'd commented here, and then I read it properly to see that yes, of course I was right to think I remembered that fantastic Cake Stand... it's just from longer ago than I could have imagined. Where does time go to? Sorry to have missed so many great posts... but I'm glad I've had a bit of catch up time, and I hope to get back in the swing of things a bit over the winter.
Alison x