Thursday, October 11, 2018

In the Shadow of the Trees

Here's another set of Halloween cards I made with some more of my new Tim Holtz purchases!
These cards all pretty much the same accept for variations in colors and the sentiment sticker used.

My cards were totally inspired by Richele Christensen's guest designer post over at the Sizzix Blog.

For my first card I used black card to cut the Tangled Twigs die. A much bolder spookier? look than the lighter paper used on the others.
For the next 3 cards I used a tan Core-dinations Distress Collection paper to cut the Tangled Twigs.
I colored all my backgrounds by smooshing a watercolor panel onto my craft mat that was rubbed with DOX inks in Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Black Soot and spritzed with water.  Doing one color at a time and drying between colors.  Then I stamped the text stamp from Entomology over the background using Black Soot .
I stamped and die cut the insects from Entomology and watercolored them using Ranger Distress Markers and a wet paint brush.  The insects and sentiments are popped up on foam dots.
I made these all just card fronts -  adding a die cut easel to the backs so they can be displayed on a shelf or side table.

I'm linking my Halloween cards to:






Stamps:  Entomology - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Ink:  Ranger Distress Oxide Black Soot, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap.
Paper:  watercolor paper - Canson, True Black - PTI, Core-dinations Distress Collection.
Accessories:  Entomology Die, Tangled Twigs Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Idea-ology Clippings Stickers/Halloween, Ranger Distress Markers Salty Ocean, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, waterbrush, water, craft mat, water mister, foam dots, Tombow Glue.

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

so much fun Julia, I love that die cut background :)

Redanne said...

Julia, you really are rocking these Halloween creations, I love these card fronts so much!!! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

That background makes me think of walking through a scary, dark woods! Fabulous Halloween card, Julia!

Kim Heggins said...

amazing...love your incredible background!

Brenda Brown said...

Theses are just so gorgeous Julia. Fabulous creations xxx

K M Meena Herale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K M Meena Herale said...

Lovely work, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS AGD DT

Cec said...

These are so spooky with the tangled twigs and the bugs crawling all over. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
Hugs!
Cec

Loll said...

Amazing twig background. It really is amazing!! Love the colours and word text in the background. Great embellishments and framing. You are so creative, Julia. You must enjoy making these so much because it shows in your work! xx

Mac Mable said...

The layering effect, the spooky elements and the stunning layouts have produced a real work of art x.

sarascloset said...

Oh, my, Julia! These are so spooky! Love that TT die and your bugs look fabulous (well, that is, for bugs. Truly these remind me of the piles of hurricane debris; I bet they are loaded with bugs! So happy to see you playing along at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

toni said...

Oooooo! These are gorgeous Julia ! Love the 'moody'colours. Great inspiration for combining those wonderful stamps and dies . Thank you for joining our challenge at Stamps and Stencils. Toni xx

Shylaashree said...

you have created a beautiful card julia. Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Spooktacular use of this wonderful die! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie Haunted Halloween Challenge. Happy Halloween!

Jenny Marples said...

Oh my goodness Julia you've done it again! I adore those inky backgrounds and adding the bugs on top is such an amazing idea. LOVE them! Thank you for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie xx

SueC said...

Fabulous collections of cards ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x