Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Haunted Halloween

Tim Holtz had such a great Halloween release this year -  I purchased several of his stamps and dies (ugh!)  But -  I'm using them right away - so that's a big plus right??!!  I've been making Halloween cards to sell at my church fair coming up on Oct 19th and Oct 20th.

I made 4 cards using the same products and design.  Ghoulish dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Graveyard die an older Tim Holtz/Sizzix die, DOX inks, and Pierced Feature Frame die from PTI.  These are actually more like vignettes for display as they are just a card front and I added a die cut Small Easel on the back so they stand up!

I made my backgrounds by smooshing Ranger Distress Oxides in Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Black Soot onto my craft mat, spritzing with water and pouncing a panel of watercolor paper into one color at a time - drying between colors.  
I did the same thing on another panel of watercolor paper using DOX Antique Linen, Twisted Cintron and Black Soot to cut my monster out of.
I made another panel using DOX Antique Linen and Black Soot to use for my skeletons and bats.
I die cut the Pierced Feature Frames from PTI out of black card as well as the Graveyard from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.
I used Clipping Stickers/Halloween from Idea-ology for all the sentiments.  The ghouls, sentiments and bats are all up on foam dots.
I'm linking my cards to:


Paper:  watercolor paper - Canson, True Black - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Oxides - Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot, Twisted Cintron.
Accessories:  Ghoulish Die, Graveyard Die, small easel die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Pierced Feature Frames Die - PI, foam dots, Tombow Glue, Clipping Stickers/Halloween - Idea-ology.

12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

You look like you've had so much creating these wonderful creations. So creative and perfect for Halloween x.

Christine Alexander said...

Great Halloween cards Julia, those die cuts are great and love your DOX backgrounds :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

eerie but so awesome....so well done.
x Karen

Bonnie said...

Ooh! Scary fun!

Redanne said...

These are definitely the spookiest cards I have seen this year Julia, they are all superb!! Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

these are so fabulous!

Dotty Jo said...

Spooky! These are great, Julia! Jo x

Papercraft Boutique said...

wow, these are so spooky and awesome, Julia! The splashed backgrounds have fantastic scary effects and the coloring (more splashing) of the ghouls are just perfect!
Hideko xx

Akast said...

I really dig the skeleton pieces, especially the backgrounds.sweeet!

Loll said...

Spooky and awesome at the same time,my friend! :) xx

sarascloset said...

Julia, you have made me wish I had purchased those ghoulish dies! I really love them on these cards--really a classy set! The backgrounds are delicious and I think you had a great idea to make them as framed art with the easel backing. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Julia these are fabulous! Love the way you've used the layering to add much more dimension to your cards and the inkness is perfection! Thank you for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie xx