Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Heart of a Tree

I found this older tree stamp from Stamp Oasis (Rubbernecker used to sell them) in my 'tree' drawer and I just had to ink it up -   but I decided to do a watercolor technique of coloring the stamp with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (I used a light green, a dark green and a brown), spritzing the stamp with water and then pressing the stamp onto watercolor paper -  and this is what happened!
TOTALLY love how it came out!  I die cut the panel and the card base using Noted: Scalloped A2 dies from PTI.  I stamped the Proverb from an old Stampendous set called Inspired Verses using Wendy Vecchi Archival Orange Blossom Ink.  
To balance off the card design - I added 2 mint green enamel dots in the left corner.  
(I know, I didn't follow the rule of 3, but there really wasn't room for 3 and I only had 2 dots this size!)

I'm linking my card to:

I inked my stamp with markers, stamped, used dies and enamel dots



Stamps:  3 Tree Group - Stamp Oasis, Inspired Verses - Stampendous
Paper:  Arches Watercolor paper, Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Orange Blossom
Accessories:  Noted: Scalloped A2 dies - PTI, enamel dots, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.

17 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is absolutely lovely! It is serene - makes me want to BE there! Of course, I'll wait until after Hurricane season is over.
Excellent work, Julia!

nancy littrell said...

I love the texture you achieved by marker coloring and stamping your tree on watercolor paper, Julia. Your die cut framing and sentiment are beautiful too. TFS Hugs..

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love howit came out too! Beautiful card, mf!

Redanne said...

What a beautiful card Julia, it looks so textural, the colours are wonderful and so natural looking. Just beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Oh, I wish this would happen when I use this technique, Julia! You got the perfect amount of color and water! What a beautiful and stately tree! And one of my favorite scripture messages!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty watercolored tree and I love the scripture verse too. TFS

Loll said...

Your tree turned out beautifully with this technique Julia. So artsy and gorgeous! I think the two candy dots are a perfect balance. xx

Susan said...

Beautifully done! Love the snowy tree and the scalloped edges.

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a stunner! I love that stamp and the way you've coloured it! The scalloped border is so elegant.

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful card for our challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along at the CAS Watercolour Challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

This is a beauty Julia! Your tree came out perfectly using the Zigs directly on your stamp...so much dimension and clarity too! Love it!! :0)

Heidi Weaver said...

Julia, this is a wonderful CAS card! I love the image and the beautiful colouring. The die-cut borders simply enhance an already perfect card. Thanks so much for joining our ATSM Challenge this week.

Papercraft Boutique said...

You're on a roll, Julia! Another beautiful stamped image using markers! The tree is so lovely and I love the visual texture created by the perfect amount of water (?). The scalloped framing is pretty too!
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a unique and gorgeous effect on your wonderful card and loving the two dots! x.

Creative world said...

Gorgeous CAS card and great technique you used,should try defo...Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Jo said...

Such a classic beauty. Love the texture achieved with this stamp. Looks like the granulation of watercolours. Another beauty so very well framed! xx

Trina P. said...

Another beautiful card. Love the texture and how you framed it. x