Saturday, September 8, 2018

Noel Wreath

I've made another Christmas card for my box -  and again (see yesterday's post), I'm using a new stamp recently purchased from Lesia Zgharda Designs.  This stamp is called Branch and Snowflakes  from her Nov 2017 release.
The actual stamp is just the arch of 2 branches and snowflakes so I stamped it twice to create a wreath.  I embossed it in silver on a Dark Indigo card panel (it's navy blue but it may look black to you?!) and added the white die cut Noel to the center of the wreath up on foam dots.  I layered the Dark Indigo panel to a Foiled Silver card panel and then to a white card base.

I'm joining in with the CAS Christmas Challenge for September

Stamps:  Branch and Snowflakes - SR218 - Lesia Zgharda Design
Paper:  Indigo Blue, white - PTI, Foiled Cardstock pack - DCWV.
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Vintage Tidings Thinlit dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, foam dots, Silver Embossing Powder, heat tool.

14 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

So elegant! You make beautiful things, Julia!

Bonnie said...

The navy and white is so classy, Julia! Love that die cut Noel that fits so perfectly in your wreath!

Loll said...

Beautiful artsy wreath Julia. The silver embossing looks awesome on the dark blue card (it does look blue to me). So pretty with the die-cut noel in the center. Wonderful CAS design! xx

Annie said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Julia xx Love the stamp and Tim's die is the perfect combination xx
Happy Sunday xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your delicate wreath with the bold NOEL, Julia! So pretty on the navy card!!

nancy littrell said...

Elegant non-traditional colors for your beautiful and creative Christmas wreath design, JUlia. TFS Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

The navy, white and silver is so classy and so very elegant. Love how you've made the wreath and what a wonderful sentiment die x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love the crisp color combination, Julia! Clever to make a wreath by stamping the arch-shaped stamp twice. The color contrast and the foam dots make the die-cut sentiment really pop. Great CAS Wreath card! Hideko xx

Nance said...

I love this non-traditional color Christmas card, Julia! Very creative turning the branch into a wreath. xx

Colleen said...

Outstanding card in maybe non traditional Christmas color, but it totally works and is a beautiful card. The white die sentiment really makes it pop! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Susan said...

What a lovely simple wreath - the branch worked totally well for it!

Jo said...

Elegant and creative. The contrasting colours make it unique. Another beauty Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, you always have the coolest stamps and ones I've never heard of. I love masculine look with a very elegant card. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Darnell said...

Well I missed this post somehow, sis, but I came out the winner when I found it in my happy mailbox! Thank you so much this beautiful treasure! I have to say, that cool stamp is now on my wish list!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell xxoo