Tuesday, June 26, 2018

To My Fabulous Friend

So in the beginning of June, I entered this card into a new blog challenge I came across -  Double Trouble Paper Crafting Challenge - and lo and behold, I was chosen the random winner of their "Bag of Things' prize - which included papers, die cut pieces, ribbons, sequins, a stamp and even a die!

For each challenge there is a Thing 1, a Thing 2 and a Thing 3 - you will find a full explanation over at their blog!  You can do just Thing 1 or include them all.

 So in my Bag of Things prize - they included supplies that fit their current color challenge with the option of using ribbon/fibers-  so I put together this card to join in!
The only things I used from my own supplies are the stamp, from  Papertrey Ink - Birthday Cheer, foam dots and Tombow Glue!

I'm linking my card to:

 Challenge #3
Color Challenge and String Things optional

9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on the win. Gorgeous card, with great colours and a wonderful layout x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I'm so glad you entered this week's color challenge...I was delighted that you used some of our Stash of Things from DOUBLE TROUBLE...I hope you can use some of the other items too. You made a beautiful card and really matched up the colors of CTMH well...lol. And thanks for the nice write up on our challenge...please share with your scrapper friends. Please join us again on July 2nd for another intriguing challenge.

Melanie R said...


I am so pleased that you were able to utilize your "Bag of Things" to make such a pretty card! Thank you for playing along with Double Trouble.

Christine Alexander said...

congratulations on your win and to have all those cool things. great card :)

Bonnie said...

Woot! Lucky you and it looks like it was a very nice win, Julia! Love the soft colors and those butterflies are so pretty arranged in that scalloped frame!

Alyson Mayo said...

I LOVE this card - it is so pretty and those butterflies are gorgeous! It's a great thing thing to have the members of the Double Trouble challenge pairing with Colour Dare this week or I wouldn't have had a chance to see your awesome artwork! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at our challenge - hopefully you will come back and enter more of the Colour Dare challenges - we would love to have you participate :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congratulations, Julia! It's always nice to receive a bag of craft supplies, isn't it?
I love the muted color combo and the way you used the ribbon. Great design too!
Hideko xx

Words and Pictures said...

What an interesting colour combination - I love how the delicate die-cuts allow the contrasting colours to really pop. So sorry I've been missing so much... I really hope to do some proper catching up soon.
Alison x

Cat Nowak said...

Congratulations on your win!! It looks like you used your win to crate a fabulous card. Thank you for joining us on Color Dare!