Monday, January 9, 2017

Thank You Twice

I can't believe I have cards to share with you today -  as many of you know - I had back surgery for pinched nerves on Friday, Jan 6th and did so well that they let me come home on Sunday instead of today.  So I was able to grab some time in my craft room in between naps  - careful not to BLT (bend, lift or twist!) which I cannot do for 6 weeks.
I needed some thank you cards and so quickly checked out a few challenges for inspiration and designed these simple cards.
 I inked up just part of this row of trees stamp and pressed it onto the card.
I'm linking this card to:
House of Cards - I was inspired by the trees in the photo and several of the colors

I used a sentiment die.
and here's my 2nd card
the chipboard bird and stamp are new, the tree branch and sentiment are die cut.
I'm linking this card to:
the chipboard bird and stamp are new. 
Plus it's a new card to thank someone for a new gift!?!

Thank You Trees
Stamps:  Tree Line - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper: White, Scarlet Jewel - PTI
Ink:  Watering Can - Wendy Vecchi Archival
Accessories:  Thank You Die - PTI, tan sequins

Thank You Branch
Stamps:  Stamps and Stencils - Put a Bird on It - Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  White, Soft Stone, Dark Chocolate - PTI
Ink:  Watering Can and Cornflower Blue - Wendy Vecchi Archival
Accessories:  Mat Minis Birds and Their houses - Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490/Stampers Anonymous, Thank You die - PTI, Woodland Branch Die - Memory Box, brown sequins.






18 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my, I did not know you had surgery...hope you recover quickly! Wowza! These cards are beautifully amazing!

Samra said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Julia! Love the CAS style and such wonderful designs.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Jo said...

OMG you're already playing :P You're one awesome cardmaker!
Love the clean and simple design in both cards, beautifully done.
Do take care, Hugs

Loll said...

Awesome to see you making cards already ... you are amazing!! LOVE these two fabulous CAS cards. Very creative take on the sketch! xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Glad to read you are are the mend and back to creating you were missed 😀

I Card Everyone said...

Julia! Your little bird has stolen my heart! LOve that your branch perfectly stands in for the curve of that Sketch panel! Thanks SO much for playing along this week at CTS ... hope you continue to feel stronger, and better each day!
=] Michele

Redanne said...

Wow Julia, you really are doing well after your surgery! I love both cards, the trees are so lovely on the first one and the little branch and bird are really lovely! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

I"m so glad you're doing well after your surgery, Julia! Both of these are great thank you cards! Love that little chipboard bird!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH, I am stunned that you are in the studio and being creative! Lovely card (love the trees!). I'm so grateful that you are doing well, be careful and follow your BLT (love that!). Hugs!!

Lisa Lara said...

Be still my CAS lovin' heart Julia. I love that sweet bird.

Hannelie said...

LOVE!!!! your creative take on the sketch!
A beautiful card. So glad you joined us at CTS!

Christi Conley said...

First, I know how you feel! Just trust in your body and rest more than you think you should :) that is my "I've had major back surgery, too" professional opinion :) Your cards are lovely, I'm partial to the first one but they are both works of art! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards for our January Challenge ~ Hugs (gentle hugs) Christi, HOC DT

Happy Dance said...

Two lovely cards. I came from HLS after seeing your tree card, and was delighted at finding the sweet bird card, too. Wonderful cards. Bev

maria f. said...

Oh dear, no BLT for 6 weeks. That's a tough one. Take care of yourself. I just love your tones on the tree card. So soothing.

Donna said...

Lovely cards, great take on the House of Cards sketch. Glad you joined us at HOC's. Donna

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful cards - good luck with your recovery
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

Susan Renshaw said...

Two lovely CAS cards!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us in HOC... Enjoy! Paula.