Monday, September 12, 2016

Tall Pines in the Silent Night

I made this card for the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers - For the Love of Letterpress.  Audie asked us to be inspired by something in her Letterpress Pinterest folder.  I was inspired by this shell card.

There's a great way to use your embossing folder to create the look of Letterpress.   First, you can just emboss the card which gives a raised image.   You can also ink the folder -  if you ink the back panel of the folder (just rub your ink pad over the panel) the ink will show up on the depressed part of the image -  if you ink the front panel of the embossing folder - the ink will be on the background and the raised image will be plain -  that's the technique I used on my card.

I  rubbed Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink pad on the front panel of my Tall Pines Embossing Folder and ran it through my Vagabond.  You can see how the ink is on the background and not on the embossed trees.
and here's the whole card with a sentiment from O Holy Night set from PTI that I inked with Classic Kraft Ink from PTI
While I had everything out on my craft table - I made 6 of these cards - using different sentiments from the stamp set - and not inking the embossing folder on some of them.  Need to get my Christmas card box filled so I'm not rushing to make them during the season!!

I'm also linking my card to:
Christmas Challenge - SONG

Stamps: O Holy Night - PTI 
Paper: Rustic Cream - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Classic Kraft - PTI
Accessories: Tall Pines Embossing folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix/Alterations

10 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I LOVE your take on those pines coupled with that Christmas sentiment! So peaceful and serene and yet so very beautiful!

BożenA said...

Hello Julia,
your card is excellent! I love how you gently emphasized color embossing. It looks great.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh, that is just wonderful. I love the calm serenity of the trees, and the sentiment on this one. I might try to make this one - it is just so amazing.
Hugs!

A Pink said...

Such simple elegance and a fine example that there truly is beauty in simplicity . I absolutely adore this card Julia .
x

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Julia, beautifully put together xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Julia! Simply stunning!

Redanne said...

This is so beautiful, I love the subtle hint of colour and the wonderful sentiment. I am on catch-up at the moment, been under the weather, hope I have not missed too many of your wonderful creations! Hugs, Anne xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful, classy cats. I love the touch of colour and those fabulous embossed trees. Tracy x

Linda said...

This is beautiful .... I love the hint of colour. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Christmas challenge xx

Daria said...

I love this card!