Thursday, June 9, 2016

Savvy Succulents


I was inspired by the colors and spiky succulents in  this pinterest photo

Here's my  rather abstract interpretation using watercolor paints.
I took a panel of Arches watercolor paper - spritzed it with water - and then painted watercolors over it - drying it with my heat tool and adding water and paints until I was happy with the color and design.  Then I dried it thoroughly with my heat tool and stamped this wonderful sentiment from the One With Nature set by Simon Says Stamp.
I just love this quote sentiment - and how it looks like it was typed on an old manual typewriter with dirty keys.
Stamps:  One with Nature - Simon Says Stamp
Paper:  Arches Watercolor Paper, Vintage Cream and Canyon Clay - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  watercolor paints, paint brush, Mini Mister - Ranger, heat tool.

No comments: