Friday, June 17, 2016

Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop - I just wanna dunk you in my coffee!

Have you heard??? It's time for the Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop!  
You'll want to get out your coffee stamps and create a summer card as there are TONS of companies offering prizes to random winners - you'll find them all listed at the blog hop.
I used summertime watercolors on my card - mixing pink, yellow and orange like sunshine and beautiful flowers growing in our gardens!
 First I brushed water over a panel of Arches Water Color Paper - then I painted on the watercolors, mixing with some more water, and drying with my heat tool. The stamps are from the We Go Together set by Gina K Designs (designed by Claire Brennan) as well as the dies which were from Waltzingmouse (no longer available).   I stamped the sentiment with Archival Jet Black Ink.
I die cut the donut and coffee cup out of  Arches Water Color Paper, brushed them with water and then with watercolor paints.  I added two Tiny Twinkles to the donut cheeks and popped them both up on foam dots.
I'm also linking my card to the CAS Mix Up June Challenge
I used stamps, die cuts and watercolor paints.
So lets go check out all of the Summer Coffee cards shall we?!! We have until June 24th to link up our cards!
Stamps:  We Go Together - Gina K Designs (designed by Claire Brennan)
Paper:  white, true black - PTI, Arches Watercolor
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  watercolor paints, brush, water, Dies - We Go Together - Waltzingmouse (no longer available), Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Fine Tip Glue pen - SU, foam dots.

50 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super FUN!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great watercoloring background, fantastic colors. Love the sentiment and layout of your card. Fun and pretty card.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous

Loll said...

LOVE the watercoloured background ... beautiful summery colours. Your donut is so sweet (just like the matching sentiment). :) Great card Julia. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Ann said...

Cute card and such a funny sentiment.

New Creations said...

How cute with such perfect sentiment! Love it!

Gail said...

lovely watercolor background - love it!

Annette Allen said...

love the watercoloring.. fabulous card

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such a PRETTY, PRETTY card! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)!

Lisa said...

And I'd love to be dunked in coffee! Love your card.. very pretty and awesome sentiment!

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty - like a gorgeous sunset, just relaxing with our coffee!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh what a FUN card.

Nikki said...

What a smashing card

Deb Selby said...

Interesting sentiment. Like the pale colours. Unusual for coffee card.

Redanne said...

The watercolour background is so beautiful and fresh looking and I just love the sentiment Julia! Hugs, Anne xx

Beverley said...

Loving the watercolour wash BG and it does look like a beautiful summer sunset. FAB card! Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Ceal said...

Great card, love the background

Maria said...

Oh, such a fun card with donut and coffee cup! Fab sentiment and water coloring!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...love that gorgeous background!

Migdalia said...

LOVE this!! So SWEET!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Bonnie said...

Love the watercolor and the sweet sentiment with your die cuts, Julia! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

StampingbugKerry said...

Oh MY! LOVE LOVE LOVE the sentiment! So freakin' fun! Love the watercolor wash effect you created too. Gorgeous card. :)

Tonya said...

Great card! and I think I need the stamp set now..that sentiment...brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card, Julia, love your water color background! Happy hopping and enjoy your summer!

Krafty Kaylin said...

great watercoloring

~amy~ said...

Yay! I love that stamp set! excellent watercoloring Julia!

Karen B. said...

Love the watercoloring on your card. So pretty!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card. I did not get this set from Gina but I think I just might need to own it too!

Hetty said...

Such sunny card!
Cheers!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful background color blend, and I LOVE the sentiment! So sweet!

OH Babs said...

Great card and love the watercolor.

Shelly said...

Awesome card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a fun card Julia. Love the water color background. The donut is the perfect addition to the coffee. :)

Laura Pizz said...

Love your watercoloring -- following you now :)

nancy littrell said...

OMG Julia, I LOVE your watercolor wash background in your yummy colors. Makes me want a fruit smoothy in your coffee cup. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Unknown said...

Great job, Julia!
Your art is lovely! I hope you're enjoying the Coffee Loving Cardmakers' Summer Blog Hop as much as I am. Happy crafting!
Sierra
www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my goodness what a fabulous sentiment and you lovely watercolor background!

Stacy Sheldon said...

Oooh I so totally love the colors on this Julia :)

Helen F. said...

Awesome watercoloring on your fun card

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Beautiful card!

Tee said...

Gorgeous card! Love the color!

Suchi said...

Stunning!! :)

Karren said...

This is so sweet! The wee face on that donut is adorable!

Tina H said...

This is fabulous! Love the watercoloring

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous CAS! Love the watercolor wash background, too!

Ericka Strange said...

Great card love the watercolor look.

AmethystCat said...

wonderful watercoloring! love the cheeks on that happy little donut! super card!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful watercoloring, love it!

Danielle Vincent said...

So fun!!! Love the sentiment and the tiny donut! Beautiful water coloring!

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

Awesome coloring