Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Today I'm excited to be participating in the May Papertrey Ink Blog Hop -  it's always SO inspiring to see what everyone has created from the challenge.
and here's the inspiration -   the challenge is to use Grey Text over Watercolor
I decided to use the lovely fern stamps from Meadow Greens.  First I spritzed a panel of Arches Watercolor Paper with water.  Then I inked up the ferns with Bright Buttercup and Vintage Jadeite Inks and stamped them onto the wet paper.  
I dried the panel with my heat tool and then stamped over the ferns again to put back some detail.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the same set over the ferns using Stormy Sea Ink. 
I love how it came out!  I added 3 Lemonade Blend sequins from Avery Elle and then adhered the panel over a white card base.
 Now I'm off to check out everyone's lovely cards over at Nichole's blog!
Stamps:  Meadow Greens - PTI
Paper:  Arches Watercolor Paper, White - PTI
Ink:  Vintage Jadeite, Stormy Sea, Bright Buttercup - PTI
Accessories:  water mister - Ranger, heat tool, Lemonade Blend Sequins - Avery Elle.

33 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely, lovely ferns, Julia! The colors are so soft and summery. Beautiful CAS!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Julia! I love those ferns from the Meadow Greens set too and you definitely highlighted them just beautifully on your gorgeous card...love it!! :0)

Wanda Cullen said...

Julia, these ferns are gorgeous! Love this design!

Melissa L. said...

Oh, so soft and pretty, Julia. I love the beautiful ferns and the lovely water color look. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Darnell said...

What a great choice, Julia! I love that fern stamp and love your superb design!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Kay Miller said...

This is so pretty Julia! I love the softness you got by spritzing your paper first! Really beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

Bonnie said...

So soft and pretty Julia....I just love those lacy ferns!

Marybeth said...

Absoultly beautiful and I love that you stamped over your images......just gorgeous,Julia!

Nancy said...

Oh I love how this turned out! Such a beautiful card!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Very, very pretty Julia! Love the soft greens.

lainey said...

This is such a pretty choice of colors - so soft and dainty looking.

Redanne said...

Beautiful design, beautiful colour choices - gorgeous card! Hugs, Anne xx

Martha said...

Julia, what a beautiful card this is.
Fabulous design.

Greta said...

Such a beautiful card--wonderful use of Meadow Greens!

Luanne said...

Love the results of your technique. Wonderful card!

Loll said...

This is so pretty!! LOVE those ferns. Great idea to add a second stamping for more detail. The gray sentiment over top looks amazing. Need to try that! :) xx

Kathy Mc said...

Julia, your ferns look awesome! Great results using your technique, but now I want Meadow Greens even more than before!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous make Julia, it fits the theme perfectly xxx

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and design with these ferns, Julia! Lovely card!

cards by cara said...

What a great combo of colours!

A Crafty Person said...

Lovely combination of colors for this blog hop challenge.

Sherrie M. said...

Love that you used my favorite Meadow Greens for this challenge. The layering of the sentiment over the greens looks so beautiful!

Jacquie Southas said...

The ferns are gorgeous & the Stormy Sea ink perfect for the sentiment!

Gio said...

Such a lovely and beautiful card, Julia!

Kelly S. said...

A soft and beautiful take on the inspiration piece, I love how the layered leaves look on the watercolor paper!

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty Julia~Meadow Greens is one of my faves!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Simple yet classy.

Gina said...

Such a lovely card. Meadow Greens is currently at the top of my wishlist, I love those ferns!! I can't wait to get it. You rocked it.

Patti said...

Oh wow! fantastic take on this challenge!! I love the soft greens you selected!

Patti

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful card Julia!! Love the colors on your background!!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...love your beautiful leaves.

bjmartin said...

This is really pretty - love your take on the challenge!