Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Vintage Journey Destination Inspiration

All Aboard at Terminal 3! Greetings fellow travelers!  I  am the  A Vintage Journey Creative Guide this week for our Destination Inspiration journey! We always travel light for these journies - and for each Monday in September our trunks contain these 4 essential items:
1. Product - Distress Ink
2. Technique - Wrinkle Free Distress: Compendium of Curiosities Vol 1 Pg 33
3. Color - Wild Honey
4. Substrate - Anything 3D
Well - 3D is right up my train track - I LOVE making 3D items -  here is what I created with my Essential Items!
I made my house using the Sizzix Where Women Cook Box House die along with window and door dies from Where Women Cook Windows and Movers and Shapers Mini Openings Set.
Did you notice my gray kitties looking out of the front door above and the window below?
This cute little house is actually a box that opens on the bottom so you could put a little gift inside!
You will find a tutorial and lots more photos in my Destination Inspiration post over at A Vintage Journey.  I would love if you could drop by there!
Julia

10 comments:

Betty Wright said...

WOW! This is too cool and just amazing! Love all the texture, color, and dimension, Julia! Great 3D project!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word how FUN.. i love this..
very creative and fun

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic project Julia! Your attention to detail always amazes me! Thanks for the never ending inspiration!

Marybeth said...

What a fun little cottage, Julie! Talk about creative!!!!!!!

Loll said...

Wow .. very cool project Julia. LOVE all the inspiring sentiments on each side of your house. Great design and great colours. xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia your 3D house is adorable!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute. I love your sweet little house.

S@ndy Diller said...

Really great project Julia - I too love making 3D projects. The colors are bright and cheerful, making "Home Sweet Home" a welcoming place.

Hugs, S@ndy xx

Deepti said...

Wow what a lovely 3D home ! Love the details and the colors :)

Jennie Atkinson said...

Love it Julia! So very bright, cheerful and fun! Jennie x