Friday, May 22, 2015

Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 - May

I've been home with Bronchitis and the flu (of all things!) and I'm finally starting to feel a little better - so I was able to sit at my craft table and make Tim's May Tag.   Here is his:
and below is my version.  I didn't have his real burlap adhesive sheet so I just used a piece of burlap patterned paper! (it looks pretty much the same!!)   I used a different stencil (cargo) different pieces of ephemera (Thrift Shop), I used a File Tab under the Photo Booth photo (instead of a Typed Token) and I used a Flash Card on the bottom with Chit Chat Stickers - but it's all of Tim's techniques!  The stenciling with white embossing paste then inking when dry, sponging the edges, using Distress Spray Stains (Antique Linen and Cracked Pistachio) on the Crinkle Ribbon
I colored bits of the Photo Booth photo with Distress Markers and added Remnant Rubs/Special Delivery.
I recently purchased the Tiny Tattered Floral dies so I was excited to try them out!  Aren't they cute?!  And I loved using the Loop Pin with a couple of tiny buttons from my stash.
You'll find Tim's wonderful tutorial for this tag and the link up here.

And if you're looking to shop this weekend - Funky Junkie Boutique is having 10% off practically everything through Monday!  Linda has great prices ALL the time - and this weekend the prices are even lower!!
We're coming up on Memorial Day Weekend here in the US -  For all those serving or retired from any Military Service thank you SO MUCH for your service, bravery and dedication to keeping us safe!

16 comments:

Samra said...

Hi Julia :) I hope you are feeling better! Your tag is gorgeous, and I am so glad that you used the paper that looks like burlap, since I was going to do the same thing, being that I don't have the burlap by Tim Holtz. Every month I have to buy so many things to make those tags so I decided to limit myself to purchase only one item I am missing from the tag, regardless of how many more I need and to just work with what I have...
Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I'll have to work :(

Annette Allen said...

Sorry you have been sick.. not fun. Hope you are feeling better..

This tag is amazing..

Redanne said...

Your tag is fabulous Julia, I really thought the burlap was real - that is great paper!

I do hope that you are feeling a lot better now, you really have had a time of it. Hopefully the holiday weekend will be a good one! Hugs, Anne xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE! Those mini photos are so fun!

Pamellia said...

Fabulous take on Tim's tag Julia! I love that little butterfly you added and the burlap paper was a great idea! feel better soon hugs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic tag Julia! Love the textured background and pretty bow! Hope you have a fun and safe holiday weekend!

Juliz Design Post said...

A pretty take on Tim's tag. Hope your feeling better now.
Julie x

Mary Marsh said...

I always like the tags you make Julia- this one is exceptional- hope you're over your bronchitis- I had a bit of a go around with being sick and just getting over it myself- out in San Francisco with my sweet Phoenix Daisy now- have a great Memorial Day weekend

Deb said...

Wonderful take on Tim's tag Julia! The burlap paper is perfect, I never would have known it wasn't 'real' if you hadn't said so. Hope you are better very soon and have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Pamellia said...

Hi Julia. Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the encaustic links. Your work is so wonderful and the link for YouTube is perfect! I watched the entire series last night and picked up some really amazing tips and techniques! Thanks again. hugs :)

Deepti said...

This is soooo perfectly :) I really like those flowers !

Brenda Brown said...

Loveeee your rustic version Julia. xxx

Loll said...

Awesome tag Julia. You are so talented at putting together all these wonderful details.

Happy to hear that you're finally starting to feel better. Take care. xx

Words and Pictures said...

Delicious take on the May tag - the rich ruby flowers are so elegant, and I love the collaging. Can hardly believe that's not real burlap - clever stuff!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

I love this version Julia. Bringing the photo booth picture to life with a story of best friends is such a great idea. Sending healing hugs, Jenny x

sarascloset said...

Julia, I'm happy you are on the mend! By now you should be tip top! And speaking of tip top--I think your tag is just wonderful! I love the elements you chose, and that you were able to pinch hit with the burlap paper! Your flowers and ribbon are simply the BEST! What really drew me in from Tim's blog is the symmetry of your tag--I love the orderliness--not cluttered! Great tag!