Sunday, May 24, 2015

Quirky Crafts Challenge - #1 Dad and a Baptism Shirt

I'm excited today to be a Guest Designer for the Quirky Crafts Challenge.  I was chosen after winning 3rd place in their May 10th Challenge.
The Cutting Cafe is sponsoring this fortnight's challenge - The Challenge is Quirky Shirts or Shoes - and the design team was sent some fun cut files to use.  Today, I used the Shirt and Tie cutting file to make a Father's Day card in the shape of a tie.  I simply printed the cut files, laid them over my papers and cut them out.  I used a fun harlequin paper for the tie, backed on a black cardstock base .  The #1 Dad sentiment comes with the Shirt and Tie file.
Here's what I put on the inside.  This is a sentiment from another cutting file called High Heeled Shoes (I'll be back next Sunday posting my shoe!)
And because the card base is black,  I added a white rectangle cut with a Nestability on the back to write a message to the recipient!
 I also made a Shirt and Tie card.  I used Snow Cap Linen Cardstock for this  - the white on white made me think of a baby boy's Baptism suit - so I added a Baptism stamped sentiment.  I popped up the pieces on foam dots to add dimension.
 
So I hope you will check out the newest challenge - Quirky Shirt or Shoes -  over at Quirky Crafts Challenge and join in!

9 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Both cards are AMAZING!!

Deepti said...

These are so cool and fun !

Samra said...

Great cards Julia! The tie looks amazing, great choice of paper:)

Redanne said...

Wow Julia, both cards are amazing, I love the idea of the first one, it is so clever for a man card! The baby one is just beautiful. Congratulations on your GDT spot too. Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

I just love this whole tie idea!! Fantastic Julia and so perect with Father's Day just around the corner! hugs :)

Doris E said...

Great job!!!! Quirky DT

Words and Pictures said...

Congrats on your guest spot, Julia - and I love your smart masculine cards - such classy designs.
Alison xx

Regina Easter said...

wow wow wow....love the tie and what a great idea for the shirt....love it

Cazzy said...

Both cards are fabulous Julia, thanks for being our Guest Designer. I see Regina (our sponsor) loves them too!

Hugs,

Cazzy x