Thursday, May 28, 2015

Noel, Noel, Noel

On this hot summer's day - I have another card for my Christmas stash!
I made the ornaments themselves by adhereing some Idea-ology Tissue Wrap/Terminology to cardstock and when dry, punched them out with different size circle punches.  I stamped the Noel from Compliments of the Season Two  from Waltzingmouse onto Vintage Cream cardstock and cut them out into rectangles.  I sponged the edges of the tags, the ornaments and the panel with Ranger Distress Antique Linen.  I brushed the ornaments with Glitter Glaze - they really sparkle IRL not sure you can see it here?
Here you can see the star pattern on the Yonder Star Background Stamp.  I stamped the berries from Around Christmastime in red on each tag for a little splash of color.  I hand cut the ornament tops out of Brushed Silver cardstock and looped twine through the hole I punched in them.
I adhered the ornaments to the panel with thick foam dots so they really stand out.
My card was inspired by this week's Merry Monday Challenge -  use newsprint


Stamps:  Compliments of the Season Two, Around Christmastime, Yonder Star Background stamp - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Festive Cream - PTI, Brushed Corduroy - SU
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen and Festive Berries.
Accessories:  Idea-ology Tissue Wrap/Terminology, 1 3/4", 1 3/8", 1 1/4" circle punches - SU, Glue N Seal, twine, Glitter Glaze - MFT


11 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Julia! I love the newsprint ornaments, what a wonderful idea and such a great fit to the rustic background! Love it. hugs :)

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is lovely and natural looking x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Terry said...

Julia the newsprint ornaments are fabulous! I love that idea!!!! Hope you are doing well!

Linda said...

Fabulous card .... love your newsprint ornaments. xx

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Julia!

Redanne said...

I so envy you being ahead with your Christmas cards Julia! This one is wonderful, I love how you created the baubles, they look amazing! Hugs, Anne xx

Deepti said...

Those vintage antique looking ornaments are so cool :) beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Look at you go, Julia!! You've already got a Christmas card stash going?!! Good for You!!! :) :) And this card is simply fabulous!! Love the simple tissue paper ornaments :) :) XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

What a wonderful card Julia, love the pop of red from the berries!

chrissy xx said...

Such a Beautiful design.
I LOve your colours and such a fab idea with the die cuts.
Chrissyxx

Samra said...

What a fantastic design and choice of colors and patterns!!! Love it!!!