Saturday, May 2, 2015

And Many Mower

This week I needed a birthday card for my brother in law - I like to try and personalize cards - and my BIL loves working in their yard - keeping the lawn mowed, wood chopped and leaves raked!  
So I reached for my lawn mower stamp from Hambo Stamps.  I colored it with Copic markers and my Silver Wink of Stella and layered it over my new Stitched Landscape die from Poppy Stamps and some die cut grass from MFT (partially 'mowed'!).
I added the sun and sentiment flag with pole - both dies from Lil Inker Designs, and two little cardinals - dies from In the Meadow from PTI.  
I forgot to take a photo of the inside as I had to get this right in the mail (drat!) -  but I stamped MAY YOU HAVE MANY MOWER (cute right??) from Hambo Stamps along with another die cut strip of grass. 

I'm linking my card tothe following challenges:
the Male Room Challenge -  use Birds on your masculine card.

Crazy for Challenges - Create a card using some kind of bird

My stamping friend Loll - suggested I enter this into the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - Die cuts

ETA:   Just heard that Claire is hosting a Waltzingmouse Pajama Party on May 14!  check out all the details here.

Stamps:  Hambo Stamps
Paper:  white, White Linen, Rustic Cream, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Smokey Shadow - PTI, Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Dies -  birds from In the Meadow - PTI; Large Sunshine and Sentiment Flad Additions - Lil Inker Designs; Stitched Landscape Die - Poppy Stamps; Grass die - MFT, foam dots, Wink of stella Silver, Gelly Roll Black Glaze pen - Sakura, Copics 100, RV29.

15 comments:

Pamellia said...

So sweet Julia! I love that stitched sun and those sweet little birdies! What a great summer scene. hugs :)

Annette Allen said...

what a cute little scene.. love that little lawnmower..

Samra said...

This is just too adorable!!! Love that lawnmower!!! What a great CAS card!

Jenny Marples said...

CAS done beautifully Julia! Jenny x

Lisa Lara said...

Looooooooooooooooooooooooove this Julia. Love how you cut some of the grass.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a cute little scene -- of course I love the red bird~ Thanks for joining in at TMR

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Julia! So fun and summery!

S@ndy Diller said...

Such a fun card and I love your play on words.

Loll said...

Awesome card Julia. I bet your BIL will LOVE it. Great mix of adorable dies. Would love for you to join us at HLS .. the CAS challenge this month is die-cuts. :) xx

Loll said...

So happy you joined us at Happy Little Stampers!! xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a cute little scene! just adorable Julia! Hazel xx

Kylie said...

Gorgeous little dies for a wonderful scene!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Deb said...

LOL that is so cute Julia!

Rocky said...

Love this cute card, it could be a golf coarse with a 'birdie' of a different kind. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is fun! I do like the cute little bird - lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room!