Tuesday, April 28, 2015

PTI Make it Monday - Using Vellum

This week's Make it Monday from Papertrey Ink is to use vellum to soften a background pattern.  Lizzie has a great video tutorial and some pretty samples to illustrate this technique here on the challenge post.
I needed some wedding cards for my stash so decided that's what I would create. I recently purchased the pretty Luxe Foil Desigher Papers that are perfect for a classy card. The gold is a bit bright and shiny though - and layering the vellum on it softened it nicely.  I ended up making two cards using this technique.
 I gold embossed one of the sentiments from the Love and Marriage set onto the vellum and attached the vellum just along the top of the Luxe Foil paper with Vellum Glue Dots.  I layered the Luxe panel to a Brushed Gold Panel and than all of it to the white card base.
Here I've lifted up the vellum to show how bright  the gold is without the vellum overlay
I used another pattern in the Luxe Foil Designer papers for my 2nd card - along with two more stamps from the Love and Marriage stamp set.  This time I adhered the vellum with 3 tiny gold brads in the corner of the frame.  I also put some of the Vellum Glue Dots along the top edge.
And a view of this Luxe paper without the vellum overlay.
I love how both of these came out - a fun technique to soften a bright background.
Thanks for stopping by today!




Stamps:  Love and Marriage - PTI
Paper:  White, Luxe Foil Designer Paper - PTI, Vellum,  Brushed Gold Cardstock - SU
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Gold Embossing Powder, gold brads, Vellum Glue Dots.

21 comments:

Annette Allen said...

these are totally GORGEOUS... i love the gold.. awesome designing..

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful wedding cards, Julia! Perfectly elegant in gold and white. Softened with the vellum was the perfect touch!

Samra said...

WOW!!! Love the design of your cards Julia!!! The vellum is so elegant and delicate touch!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE those papers! I have 1 sheet [and I am hoarding it] LOL

~amy~ said...

Super pretty cards...love the vellum panels!

Deepti said...

These are gorgeous and gold is just perfect for that vellum layer on top :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Julia! Love how you featured the vellum!

Colleen said...

Oh, I am going to have to remember these cards because they are just so gorgeous and perfect for wedding cards! And that vellum overlay is the perfect final touch! Awesome!

Polly said...

So classy! Great way to use vellum, Julia.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful wedding cards Julia! Love the CAS perfection of each one!! :0)

Tracy said...

oh these are really beautiful! so elegant and perfect wedding cards. The vellum was just the thing - it did its job to soften the gold but it added so much to make these perfect wedding cards.

Redanne said...

Oh wow Julia! I don't use vellum much but after seeing these gorgeous creations I might just give it another try! Stunning cards! Hugs, Anne xx

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love your cards Julia, now I need that gold paper!!

Kathryn A said...

Such beautiful cards! Perfect use of vellum to soften cards!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Wow Julia, this technique is perfect for your beautiful papers. I love the gold embossed sentiment.

Manuela said...

gorgeous cards,they look very classy!

The Paper Toile said...

Oh, my! I love your gold embossing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Julia!!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Gorgeous cards, Julia! I rediscovered vellum in my studio recently, too, and had forgotten how pretty cards can be when it's used to soften. Your cards are excellent! Very classy!!
Hugs!!

Sandy S. said...

Beautiful, elegant wedding cards. Your gold embossing matches perfectly.

Loll said...

Love this technique ... the vellum really does soften everything. xx