Sunday, March 1, 2015

Waltzingmouse February Release - Day 2

To see my March Mixed Media Card Challenge post, please scroll down or click here.

Welcome to the second day of the Waltzingmouse February Release -  just a reminder that all of the new stamps and dies from this release are already available at the Waltzingmouse Shop
Today the Design Team is highlighting the Kaboom Stamp set and coordinating Kaboom Die.
First I have a card using the Kaboom Stamp set.  This would be a great congratulations card for someone passing an exam, graduating, getting a new job etc.  
In other words -  it's not just for kids cards!
This set looks like it popped out of a Super Hero Comic book doesn't it??!!  How fun are all the dots making up the stars and clustered at the bottom of the letters.  I stamped the sentiment frame and then hand cut it out so I could layer it over the base panel with foam dots.  I also added a few sequins around the card.
If you visit me often - you know that I love to use photos of my grandnephews and nieces on my cards - and these Kaboom stamps and die inspired me to use a recent photo of 4 1/2 year old Landon that his mum took of him.  Landon had had his face painted and is holding some kind of ray gun!  I'll be giving this to Landon for his 5th birthday in early September (if I can wait that long!)
The Kaboom die cuts so you can layer the letters in a different color over the first cut.
I'm linking my Kaboom birthday card to Seize the Birthday Challenge - toppings/Masculine
Please check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration using Kaboom!

I invite you to stop by again tomorrow when I will be creating with the new stamp set Halftone and the Easter die.  See how you can win some WMS stamps here at the Waltzingmouse Blog
You Nailed It
Stamps:  Kaboom - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Mowed Lawn, Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Lucky Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Glossy Accents, form dots

Kaboom
Stamps:  Kaboom - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, True Black, Tropical Teal - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Peacock Feathers
Accessories:  Kaboom Die - Waltzingmouse, form tape, glue pen, Arrow die - MFT

12 comments:

Bridget said...

Julia, these are such fabulous cards with some REALLY fun new dies and stamps - I love the energy in these creations!

Colleen said...

Oh my, these are all awesome, I really like the first one it just catches my attention

Samra said...

Wow what a great set for creating fun cards!! My son is having his first ever job interview on Monday and I am super nervous! I might need to get this set if he gets a job:)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute cards Julia! What a great photo! Perfect for the occasion! Happy March!

Lynn said...

These are absolutely fabulous! I love, love, love Landon's card. It needs to be framed Julia!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both are so much fun! Love the photo! Bet he will have a keepsake for life. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Anita Braddock said...

How super cute is this love the colors and the layering. thanks.

Pamellia said...

Landon is a total sweetheart! Great cards Julia, love that Kaboom! Great colours on the first one, such an eye-catcher! hugs :)

jcobb said...

The Kaboom set would be nice for making cards for kids, especially the boys, for Operation Write Home! It is always more difficult making cards for the younger males! Great cards!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love the personalization you
create for these Littles! Something they will always keep and have good memories from!

Annette Allen said...

oh my i totally love these.. so totally FUN..

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh my gosh, I love your comic book cards!!! What a sweet picture of Landon too ... thanks for sharing it with us!