Friday, March 20, 2015

Packages for Christmas

Wow - I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted -  I've been working on Design Team projects that will be posted later as well as making lots of Easter Cards for a sale at my church so I've been stamping - just not posting!  So tonight I just had to work on something for some challenges I wanted to do!  I haven't started making as many Christmas cards as I did last year by this time - so I'm glad to get another one done -  it's SO nice to have them all done by the fall!
This is a one layer card (accept that it's layered over a black panel) -  and it's ALL stenciling - no stamping.  The stencils are all by Wendy Vecchi - Check Mate, SISI Floral Frame, Dots and Stripes, SISI Holiday Icons, SISI For the Holidays.  All the inks are Wendy Vecchi Archival colors plus Archival Jet Black.  I made my gold enamel dots from Perla Beads. See my tutorial here.

I'm linking my card to the following challenges:

House of Cards - Use Enamel Dots


Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge - Feature Gifts on your card
Wendy Vecchi  Make Art Challenge - Use Stencils


I hope you all have a lovely weekend!  We're still having snow (just a dusting hopefully) even though today is the first day of spring!

Paper:  white, true black - PTI
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Red Geranium, Leaf Green, Dandelion, Cornflower Blue, Archival Jet Black.
Accessories:  Wendy Vecchi Stencils - Check Mate, SISI Floral Frame, Dots and Stripes, SISI Holiday Icons, SISI For the Holidays, home made enamel dots, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

21 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Julia! Love all the stenciled detail! Hope you have a great weekend!

Redanne said...

You have used Wendy's stencils beautifully Julia, your card is lovely! Hope you don't get too much snow.... Hugs, Anne xx

Shirley said...

Julia, it's great to be back hopping and enjoying your art. I really like how you stenciled the BG and your Presents too! Awesome and so creative. I also took a look at all of the mixed media tags and love each an everyone. Want to do more of that myself. I see you met Tim. I almost relocated to Prescott, AZ, where he lives!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Just love these adorable stenciled gifts, Julia -- such a delightful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Very cool! I love the soft edges you can get with stencils. Your card is wonderfully done!

Kim Heggins said...

What a fun and festive card. Love your beautiful stenciling...Have a fabulous rest of your weekend.

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Anne Harada said...

I love your stenciled card Julia!! So creative as always, I love coming to visit! Hope you are well my friend!

Lisa Lara said...

Amazing Julia.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I saw it on Merry Monday

Deb said...

What a wonderful stenciled card Julia, love Wendy's stencils!

Bonnie said...

Your stenciling is amazing, Julia! Love those gifts! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Mynn xx said...

This is so fun, Julia! LOVE the amazing stenciling and the fun colors you used, too! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Mynn xx said...

This is so fun, Julia! LOVE the amazing stenciling and the fun colors you used, too! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Love all of the stenciling Julia, so glad that you have taken time to make something you want to make just because. Sometimes the DT work, although fun, takes away our chance to do what we want. :)

Jeanne J. said...

I love the stencils Julia, and I'm always looking for ways to use them. I love all the different colors here - the inking is beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Love the way you used these stencils! Sounds like fun to just create!

Rosmarie said...

Wow, great use of stencils, Julia! Love the beautiful framework and the enamel dots fit perfect!
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!
Rosi x DT

Unknown said...

Great card Julia, love it!
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards
Lorry :o) xx

Barbara Rankin said...

You have created a fabulous background with your stencils and colors. Love the card so much. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Barbara

wendy vecchi said...

this is SUPER sweet!