Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Vintage Journey - Destination Inspiration - Can You Feel It?

I'm posting my very first A Vintage Journey Destination Inspiration post today so I hope you will drop by there!!  I titled my post "Can You Feel It" - as I am exploring using felt with different Tim Holtz products (inks, stains, dies, paints).
Here's a peek at the 3 projects I made using felt.
 
I decorated  a 4" x 6"  Burlap Panel with Spray Stain and Embossing paste.  I adhered my felt pine cones and branches around the edges and  added Letter Press words that I embossed.
I decorated an 8" x 4 1/4" felt purse that I purchased at Joann's, using tan felt, the Winter Wonder Die, Lattice Work and Dot Fade Stencils, Peacock Feathers Distress Spray Stain and Picket Fence Distress Paint.
My 3rd project is a 5" x 7" burlap bag.  I used Tim's Frayed Fabric Technique for the base of this project - found on page 66 of Compendium of Curiosities Vol III - the Ornate Frame die, an old Sizzix Heart die, Heart Charm, Ring Fastener, Arrow, Stripes Stencil and Picket Fence Spray Stain.
Please stop by my post at the A Vintage Journey blog for lots more photos and tutorials showing my experimentation with felt! 

And don't forget the AVJ Special Numbers challenge going on right now!

12 comments:

Samra Leshinski said...

Gorgeous projects Julia :) If I had to chose my favorite it would be the burlap bag, but I do like them all very much!

Rupa S said...

These are lovely Julia..Its amazing how you can re purpose old items at items at home with Tims products and techniques and give them a whole new look! Each one is is different and classy .

Annette Allen said...

wow these are incredible.. awesome designing..

Redanne said...

I would never have thought to use felt to stamp or stencil on to, so this is a great experiment/tutorial Julia. I am in love with the fabulous snowman! Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Just came from AVJ. Brilliant work Julia, I just love all your felt techniques! hugs :)

~amy~ said...

julia, all your projects are FABulous...wow!

Deepti said...

Awesome design! Love the details on the first one :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

CUTE projects! Love that last bag!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Aaah, is there nothing you can't do, Julia?!! These are divine felt creations!! Very touchable!! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are all so fabulous.

*Vicki* said...

These are all really gorgeous projects Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous variety of projects Julia! Great way to showcase all the wonderful products! Thanks for the never ending inspiration!