Saturday, July 5, 2014

True Love

Today Kent and I are traveling to Rhode Island to the wedding of Darren and Mary -  the youngest son of my friend Flo who was my roommate in college - many years ago!  It's being held at Whispering Pines - a conference center that's part of the University of RI.  The ceremony is scheduled to be held outside - with the reception to follow inside the conference center -  and then a bon fire back outside into the evening. Hopefully Hurricane Arthur has cleared out of the area by then!
So, of course, being a card maker -  I had to make the wedding card we will give them - AND I left it to the last minute - creating it late Thursday night (although I did know what stamp set I wanted to use!).
A cut a panel the size of the front of the card out of Ranger Specialty Paper.  Then I used a technique I saw on Wendy Vecchi's blog here, Archival Ink Brayered Background.  I rubbed Archival Dandelion and Tree Branch ink on my Nonstick Craft Mat, spritzed it with water and then ran my brayer over the inks and ran the breyer over the Specialty Paper panel - it creates a rather watery blended background.  I dried it with my heat tool.  Next I laid a Check Mate stencil by Wendy Vecchi over the panel and sponged over it with Dandelion Archival Ink.  I stamped the wedding couple and sentiment from Wendy Vecchi's stamp set Lovely Art in Archival Jet Black and colored in some of the image with Ranger Distress Markers, Brushed Corduroy, Weathered Wood and Fired Brick.  Next I laid Wendy's  Large Heart stencil mask over the panel and sponged around the edges with Cornflower Blue Archival ink.  To finish off my panel I stamped the border stamp from Wendy's The Beauty of Art set using Watering Can Archival Ink.
 To finish it off I stamped and stenciled on the front of the envelope.  I again used the Check Mate Stencil along with the Create a Wreath stencil.  The stamped sentiment is from an old Cornish Heritage Farms set called Wedding Centers.
I just love the cute vintagey couple - and I love how my card came out - hopefully the bride and groom do to!

Stamps:  Lovely Art and The Beauty of Art - Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490/Stampers Anonymous, Wedding Centers - Cornish Heritage Farms.
Paper:  Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper, white - PTI
Ink:  Archival Dandelion, Tree Branch, Jet Black, Watering Can, Cornflower Blue; Ranger Distress Markers Brushed Corduroy, Weathered Wood, Fired Brick; brayer, stencils:  Check Mate, Large Heart, Create a Wreath - Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490.

3 comments:

Deepti said...

Super cool design!

Redanne said...

The checkmate stencil is very effective and looks beautiful on your card. The image and sentiment are so lovely and so perfect for the occasion. Hope you have a lovely time at the wedding. Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous card! I love your sweet couple and what a wonderful sentiment!