Sunday, July 20, 2014

Take Care

Today I have two cards to share -  made for two different challenges but using some of the same supplies on both.
First I have a sympathy card (always good to have on hand when you suddenly need one).  I used two older dies for this - a Butterfly die from Provo Craft (that also came with 3 embossing folders so the butterfly could have dots, text or a pattern on it).  I die cut it from a piece of patterned paper from Basic Grey/Curio Pad.  The stem is cut with an older Sizzix die.  I die cut the panel with my stitched mat rectangle die from Lil' Inker.  I folded the butterfly in half and adhered her by running a Glue Pen down the middle so only that part was attached to the card - then I placed a piece of a thick foam dot under each wing to hold them up even through mailing.  The sympathy sentiment is an older wooden stamp from Rubber Stampede.
I used the Cas(e) this Sketch for my design
 I die cut several of the butterflies when I made my card - so I could make more Sympathy cards -  and then also used one for this Get Well card.  I again, die cut the panel with my stitched mat rectangle die and then also die cut a stitched mat circle out of the side.  I added the butterfly in the same manner - gluing just the middle and putting thick foam dots under the wings.  I added the sentiment on a die cut Sentiment Strip from MFT, some sequins and a little punched heart.
 This Basic Grey/Curio paper is so pretty isn't it?  It's got text in black and red and white flowers that look like stenciling.
 My design for this card was from Case Study #200
Deepest Sympathy:
Stamps:  Rubber Stampede
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse - PTI, DP Basic Grey/Curio Pad
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Dies - butterfly - Provo Craft, stem- Sizzix, Stitched Mat Rectangle - Lil' Inker Designs, thick foam dots, Glue Pen, thick foam dots.

Take care:
Stamps:  Healing Touch Sentiments - PTI
Paper:   White, Simply Chartreuse, Kraft  - PTI, DP Basic Grey/Curio Pad
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Dies - butterfly - Provocraft, Sentiment Strip - My Favorite Things, Circle and Rectangle Stitched Mat dies - Lil' Inker Designs, Lucky Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Tiny heart punch - McGill, Glossy Accents, thick foam dots, Glue Pen.

15 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so pretty! Wonderful take on the CTS sketch!

Loll Thompson said...

Two beautiful cards Julia. Love the paper you used for your butterflies - gorgeous! And love it paired with the bright green and all that fabulous white space :) Loll xx

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Gorgeous cards, Julia! Good luck with the challenges! Ingrid x

Lynn said...

Two very elegant designs. Love them both Julia.

Almo said...

I love the sharp clean look of these cards Julia. Mo x

Annette Allen said...

aww totally gorgeous.. love that butterfly

Charlene said...

These are gorgeous Julia!! I love the butterflies!

Redanne said...

I do love those beautiful butterflies and they certainly look right for both occasions - really lovely cards Julia! xx

Deepti said...

These are so pretty :) the butterfly is amazing !

Tenia Nelson said...

Beautiful cards!!

Cindy C. said...

Both very delightful! Love that butterfly!!

~amy~ said...

Such pretty butterfly cards Julia!
Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

OH Babs said...

Great sympathy cards and I like that you used patterned paper, I don't do that but will now.

Maureen Merritt said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Betty J. said...

Really beautiful card, Julia. Love your butterfly. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin