Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Very Happy Birthday

Goodness - we just had the most perfect summer's day here in Massachusetts today -  hot in the sun but with a cool breeze.  The whole month of July so far - has made up for the nasty cold winter we had!   And even though I had to mow our lawn - because  DH's knee went out -  I still enjoyed the day - because after I mowed the lawn and took a shower -  I went to BOTH Joann's and Michaels with coupons in my tight little fist!

So - today I'm using more of my Papertrey Ink goodies -  the cool Text Block Birthday Die - that I layered over a piece of card stock from the Shaker & Sprinkle Patterned Paper Collection (that came with the Shaker & Sprinkle Market kit - which I guess you cannot order now).  I just added three sequins from Neat n Tangled and was done!
My design was inspired by this week's Case Study #201
I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

Paper:  White, Aqua Mist, DP Shaker & Sprinkle Patterned Paper Collection - PTI
Accessories:  Text Block Birthday Die - PTI, Glue Stick - Ranger, Glue N Seal, Sequins - Neat N Tangled.

11 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Julia!

Michelle said...

Wow, Julia! I love that text block against the groovy background! Fabulous! :-)

~amy~ said...

totally fun, love that die cut layered on the sun rays!

Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

~amy~ said...

totally fun, love that die cut layered on the sun rays!

Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Julia! Love the soft blues! I need this die sentiment, too!

Redanne said...

Your card is a beautiful take on the case design Julia, I love that beautiful sunray and the text block looks amazing over it! Hugs, Anne xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is a to-be-CASEr, for sure, Julia! I have that text die and love the fun way you used that patterned paper behind it! Thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Cris G said...

Really fun and gorgeous effect of those rays behind the text.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful! Love the rays and that die cur sentiment panel is wow!

Deepti said...

So pretty and so soothing in colors !