Sunday, June 29, 2014

Brighter Days

I need some Get Well cards for my stash - so I made today's card with the "Wishing You Brighter Days" sentiment from Healing Touch Sentiments from PTI.
First I adhered a piece of Tissue Tape/Sketch Book from Idea-ology/Tim Holtz across a white 4"x4" panel.  I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner with Archival Jet Black Ink.  Then I took a wooden frame and a wooden dragonfly from Stationers Desk by Prima - inking the frame with black ink and the dragonfly with Gold Pigment ink.  I adhered them over the tissue tape with Glossy Accents.  Then I adhered the panel to the 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" card base. Even though it's white on white - the layering gives the card a finished look.  I also like to wrap the tape around the panel edge - to be sure the ends won't lift off.

I'm linking my card to this week's Cas-ology - Cue Card - Wood challenge.
I'm also squeaking this into the Stamplorations Challenge - Borders and Stamps

Stamps:  Healing Touch Sentiments - PTI
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Color Box Gold Pigment Ink
Accessories:  Tissue Tape/Sketch Book - Idea-ology/Tim Holtz, Wood embellishments - Stationers Desk/Prima, Glossy Accents - Ranger.

21 comments:

LeAnne said...

I can see that I NEED to get some of this beautiful tissue tape! This is GORGEOUS!

Lynn said...

Absolutely stunning. So elegant and beautiful Julia.

Redanne said...

I love the simplicity and elegance of this gorgeous card - the dragonfly and frame are beautiful! Anne xx

Deepti said...

This is so stunning and so perfect :) love that tape and embellishment !

OH Babs said...

A lovely and creative card Julia.

Monika Reeck said...

woooowww STUNNINNGGGGG I love all on your card the stripe the dragonfly and the frame..I wish I can buy that frame ..would you mind to tell you where can I buy it...and I love your sentiment looks elegant...if you like maybe you can join this challenge on Stamplorations it is about STAMP AND BORDERS..I will write you the link too...great card you made..

http://stamplorations.blogspot.de/2014/06/june-challenge-stamps-borders.html

Jenny Marples said...

So elegant Julia. Love this. Jenny x

Sarah G said...

Gorgeous card, Julia! Love the frame and dragonfly - beautiful design :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Julia! Hope you have a great week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

breathtaking, NO REALLY, it is. Love this Julia!!!! Happy Crafting and thanks for joining CASology!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's just perfect!!
Hugs!

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome card, love the tissue tape and the wood veneer!

Anonymous said...

Love the combination of the tape with the wooden frame and dragonfly. Great card. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Good luck! Monika DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card -- The muted colors are perfect for a get well. Thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So simple and yet totally stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Meghan said...

Simply beautiful Julia! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous! So elegant and CAS as well. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing card Julia. I love your dragonfly, so beautiful.

Nonni said...

Hi Julia, beautiful card! I love the soft color palette and the clean layout. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - love this! What a brilliant CAS design!
Alison xx

Loll said...

Beautiful design Julia. The framed dragonfly over the tape is awesome! Loll xx