Friday, May 30, 2014

Holding You Close - Twice

I took the day off today for a doctor appointment.  I also got to wash some windows and make two cards! Both cards are pretty much the same design with a few tweaks - and both have the same sympathy sentiment -  Holding You Close in Prayer from the PTI set Boutique Borders-Sympathy.

On my first card I also used a fun new stamp/stencil set In Full Bloom from Studio 490/Wendy Vecchi.  First you stamp the image - I used Archival Jet Black ink -  then you use the included stencil - layering the bloom part over the bloom and sponging the color on (Archival Dandelion) then placing the leaf part over the leaves and sponging them in Archival Leaf Green.   A quick way to get this stamp colored!  I die cut the panel with the Tipped Top Die from PTI - added some sequins from Avery Elle and stamped the sentiment along the bottom.
I'm linking this card to Seize the Sketch.
For my next card I used the same sentiment from PTI (I need Sympathy cards for my stash unfortunately)  -  along with a stamp from Harvest Berries.  I angled the Tipped Top Die differently and added a wooden butterfly from Prima that I painted with Adirondack Gold Acrylic Paint dabber as well as a few sequins from Avery Elle.
I'm linking this card to Case Study #193.
 The weatherman promises lovely weather here this weekend.  Hopefully I'll get into the garden for a while to lay the last of the mulch (no rest for the weary!).  There's also a 3 year old's birthday party to go to on Sunday that should be fun!

Stenciled Flower
Stamps:  In Full Bloom - Studio 490/Wendy Vecchi, sentiment from Boutique Borders/Sympathy
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Archival Dandelion, Leaf Green and Hydrangea
Accessories:  Tipped Top Die - PTI, lemonade and Lucky Blend sequins - Avery Elle.

Butterfly
Stamps:  Harvest Berries and Boutique Borders/Sympathy - PTI
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Archival - Dandelion and Hydrangea
Accessories:  Tipped Top Die - PTI, Lemonade Sequins - Avery Elle, Prima Wood Embellishments/Stationers Desk.

16 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Patti J said...

Julia, these are both beautiful. I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite. Both will be a great comfort to whomever receives them. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a great day!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Lovely cards, Julia! I am loving that Tip Top Die. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch!

Redanne said...

Sounds like you had a very fruitful day Julia! I love both cards, the Wendy one is stunning and I adore ginkgo leaves so the second one is just perfect. Anne xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous cards Julia! Thanks so much for joining along with Seize the Sketch! Hope you have a great weekend!

~amy~ said...

These are wonderful...love how you painted that wood veneer butterfly!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are LOVELY, Julia!!

Betty Wright said...

Great cards, Julia! Love the designs and details on both!

Marybeth said...

Your cards are stunning Julia! Love that large bloom and the butterfly on the second card.
Doesn't it feel good when the windows are clean.
Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Sketch.

Shirley said...

Your cards are beautiful, Julia! I like that large flower and the butterfly is awesome!

Jessi Fogan said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous - perfect images & colours for sympathy cards. Love the sequins too - they add just the right touch of 'something' without overpowering the soft serene images. Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch :)

Deepti said...

So very pretty cards, I am in love with the second one though ;)

Tasnim said...

Beautiful clean and simple cards. Love all the white space :)

Anja (scrappie) said...

Both cards are beautiful great design. Thank you for joining us over at CASE Study.

Gayatri said...

Love the gold and white combo. Great take on the muse. Thanks for playing along CASE Study!

Lori said...

Gorgeous cards, Julia! I love what you did with my sketch at Seize the Sketch :) Thanks for joining us xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin