Monday, May 19, 2014

Case Study - Dot Fade

Today I made a card for the Case Study challenge #191.
 I went for the colors, die cut words and lots of white from the inspiration card  - using my new Dot Fade Stencil by  Tim Holtz  I sponged Ranger Distress Inks in Festive Berries, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn onto a panel die cut with a Stitched Mat Rectangle die from Lil' Inker designs.  The Happy is a One Liners Die and the birthday is a Wonderful Words die - both from PTI.  Then I added 3 enamel dots I made from Perler Beads.
Here's the inspiration.
I'm also linking this to the eclectic Paperie ePlay challenge -  to use Stencils - this challenge is open until the last day in May.

Paper:   white - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress - Festive Berries, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn.
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil' Inker Designs, Dot Fade Stencil - Tim Holtz/Satmpers Anonymous, home made enamel dots, Birthday and Happy dies - PTI, Glue N Seal - Ranger.

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

ooooohhhh...Julia! This is a wonderful take on the inspiration! awesome work!

Micki said...

OMG Julia. I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE this. When it comes to cards, I love lots of white space and this is absolutely FABULOUS. Love the bits of stenciled color. I'm so CASEing it. xoxo

Shirley said...

Beautiful stenciling and pretty card!

Wida said...

I love how your. Card feels both masculine and feminine!

Annette Allen said...

love the splash of color... fabulous card.

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful Julia - clean and simple but with such beautiful vibrant colours - love your stencilling - love the card! Anne x

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this, Julia! That stencil is very cool :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Julia! Great take on the inspiration photo! Love the colorful background!

Loll Thompson said...

Cool design. Love all the white space! :) Loll xx

Ellen Taylor said...

Crisp and amazing Julia! Loove it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love how you added the color with the stencil - terrific card!

maria f. said...

Love your CASE, Julia.

Tracey McNeely said...

What a perfect CASE Julia!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I just went over to CS and can't believe this one wasn't in the honors, Julia. It is marvelous!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is just gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the dot fade, Julia with the white letters! Just FANTASTIC!