Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Waltzingmouse May Release - Sneak Peek Day #1 - Tag Collection 1

I'm excited to say that Claire is releasing a fun Waltzingmouse stamp set and some new dies on May 3rd - and today the Design Team is showing a sneak peek of the stamp set called Tag Collection 1.  I've used one of the tag stamps and sentiments from this sweet little set.

For my project, I dressed up a white dotted kraft bag.  I white embossed the Christmas tag from the Tag Collection 1 set on a piece of kraft card stock and layered it to a piece of red card stock.  (Some of you may recognize the Santa Silhouette on this tag from the WMS previously released set Santa's Coming to Town! It's a great vintage Santa smoking his pipe!)  The sentiment is a little tongue in cheek!
I also used the Simple Sprigs Dies (coming out with this release!) to cut the greenery and berries that I slipped behind the tag - I white embossed the stampings on green and red card stock - I just LOVE  the Simple Sprig stamp set - and now the die makes it SO easy to cut it out!  I pretended it was a holly branch for this application! - it works don't you think?!
I stamped one of the sentiments from the Tag Collection on the bottom corner using glitter enamel dots to highlight it.
To hold the bag closed - I used a horizontal slot punch to slip the ribbon through after folding over the top of the bag.  My knot came out so perfect - I don't think I will ever open the bag to fill it with a gift as I'll never get that knot tied so nicely again!  There's also a shot of the handle from the back.
Here are the links to the rest of the WMS Design Team Participating in todays Sneak Peek - please visit them for more inspiration with this new stamp set!


Stamps:  Tag Collection 1 - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Kraft, Pure Poppy,  New Leaf - PTI
Ink:  Versamark, Archival Garden Gate and Jet Black
Accessories:  red gross grain ribbon - Michaels, New Sprigs Die - Waltzingmouse, tiny twinkles - Taylored Expressions, kraft/white dots bag - Impress,  horizontal slot punch - SU, foam dots, enamel dot.

17 comments:

Charmaine Stack said...

Julia, you are the Queen of Packaging! Love that bag - the sentiment is clev-uh and I can't wait to get these stamps to play with myself!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is delightful Julia. I just adore the look of white embossing on a kraft background. You have created an adorable gift page. You really excel at the gift bag department!

~amy~ said...

Super Wonderful....love it!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! Love the embossing of the berries and sprig in white on the green and red cardstocks! Gorgeous bag! Love the sentiment!

Kary said...

What a fabulous idea, Julia! I love everything about it, the sentiment is so fun and clever. Great job!

Redanne said...

Wow Julia, what an absolutely beautiful bag! I love to see white on Kraft and the holly sprig is beautiful. The sentiment is now on my wish list... Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, you made my day! Anne xx

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love this gift bag. The berries and sprig look brilliant. And I just adore the sweet tag!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Julia this is fab! Love the white stamping on the colored paper! Great way to show off that fun sentiment! Who wouldn't love this?

Vickie Z said...

Love it Julia!! The sentiment is a little "tongue in cheek" snarky....perfect! Wonderful gift bag!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I just adore this gift bag! The white on the kraft is perfect and that sprig of berries - gak! Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Julia! I love all the embossed detail! Looks so beautiful and elegant!

Sue D said...

very cutely decorated bag.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the gift bag you created. Great way to create the handle and close the bag. Wonderful Christmas project.

Fay Marie said...

Great packaging idea!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just the sweetest little gift bag! I love it.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just the sweetest little gift bag! I love it.

Deepti said...

This is the most amazing gift bag I have seen lately :) love all the elements n colors !