Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Oval Easter

I'm still building up my supply of Easter Cards for both sending to friends and family - and to sell at the Easter Sale two stamping friends and I are having at church in a couple of weeks.  Today I pulled out a cute Easter set - A Good Egg by Waltzingmouse and my oval Nestabilities to make this clean and simple card.  The image panel is die cut with an plain oval Nestability and the card is cut with a scallop edge Nestability.  I placed the die slightly above the fold of the card so the front and back stay together with the 'hinge' at the top.  The scallops also allow the card to stand up, if I used just the plain oval - I would have cut it off flat just a bit on the bottom so it wouldn't roll!
And since I need a lot of cards - and this one was so easy to make -  I made 4 of them while I had all the supplies out.  Don't they look festive all in a row!?!
My design was inspired by the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge -  to use ovals
 I just realized the challenge is called Good Egg -   and I used a stamp set called A Good Egg (!)

Stamps:  A Good Egg - Waltzingmouse, numbers - Karen Foster Snap Stamps/retired.
Paper:  Rustic Cream - PTI
Ink:  Archival Leaf Green and Orange Blossom, Ranger Distress Scattered Straw.
Accessories:  Classic and Scallop edge Oval Nestabilities.

11 comments:

Angela said...

Hello Julia! These sweet CAS Easter cards are so pretty! You do the best bunny bunches!

Annette Allen said...

oh my these are adorable.. love the shape and love that bunny...

Darnell said...

You have ovals covered on this adorable card, Julia!! I love everything about it and seeing them sitting there as a foursome just makes it even more precious!! Hugs, Darnell

Shirley said...

The card is so very pretty and cute too! I love the fold you chose and, of course, the oval is perfect too!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are so pretty, and so perfect for the oval challenge!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful collection of cards Julia! Love the little bunny and fancy oval scalloped card!

~amy~ said...

These are wonderful Julia! So very sweet! the colors are fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute as a bunny Julia, pun intended. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card and thank you for sharing how you made it too. So fun and I will have to give this a try.

Kelly Griglione said...

oh, love this one!! You over-achiever, you used a stamped AND shaped oval for your card, and then multiplied them! Great Easter cards, Julia. And thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Aww, these shaped cards are just too cute Julia! You've made them look so effortless too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)