Friday, April 25, 2014

April PTI Blog Hop - Embroidery

I'm late to the party - the week just got away from me - but I really wanted to participate in the April 2014 PTI Blog Hop
The theme this month is embroidery
Not only was I late -  but then it took me 2 hours to finally get this simple design done!  It went through 5 renditions - I started out wanting to use my new button stacks dies - but nothing was working the way I wanted it.  And finally - I ended up using two very old PTI sets -  the sentiment is from In Bloom and the flowers are from Little Lady!

I also used the Make It Monday technique of water splatter over ink - and I love how it came out - I was going for the look of aged linen and I think I got it -  I sponged Pumice Stone ink over Fine Linen cardstock then splattered water over it, blotted the extra water up and went over it with my hot gun.

I was going for this kind of embroidery look  

Now I'm off to check out all the embroidered loveliness linked up over at Nichole's blog! And I'm also off to eat a late supper!  (have to get that stamping done before cooking!)

Stamps:  In Bloom, Little Lady - PTI
Paper:  white, Fine Linen - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Pumice Stone, Worn Lipstick, Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed
Accessories:  water, heat gun.

19 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I can relate to ALL you went through to make one card, but I have to tell you it was definitely worth all the time you spent...this card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love how your background came out and how well it makes your soft and subtle flowers "pop"! Really, really beautiful card! :0)

craftmates said...

Pretty card! Love the water splatter.

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely outcome, Julia, worth all the effort. It ended up with such depth! The flowers have a vintage feel, and the sentiment fits perfectly!

Annette Allen said...

what a beautiful card.. loving all those flowers..

Betty Wright said...

Love the soft muted tones. Looks like vintage embroidery! Great card, Julia!

Meghan said...

Julia, I just love the inspiration photo you chose and your card is a lovely interpretation!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a FUN Card!! I LOVE the Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Michelle said...

Julia, this is gorgeous! I love that splattered background in grey.

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Julia, lovely background technique.

Cammie said...

Julia, this card was definitely worth the effort. I love the spatter with the muted colors. I would love to have linen fabric with your colors and design for some home decorating.

Geri said...

I think it was worth the extra time, Julia (but don't ya hate that?!?!) It really turned out perfectly lovely!!!

~amy~ said...

well, this is definitely a winner! I love the look and it's fun to see how you were inspired!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Julia. Love the look and the technique you used... worth the hours!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Julia. Love the look and the technique you used... worth the hours!

Kelly Griglione said...

oooh, so soft and gorgeous, Julia! I hear you on the multiple tries ... that's totally me : ) Glad you stuck with it, great results here!

Shirley said...

Absolutely lovely! Your picks were great! I have many attempts most of the time!! LOL

Karen said...

Really pretty card - the flowers over the soft background are beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is gorgeous. Love those fabulous flowers, what a an amazing card for this challenge.