Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Flower for Mother

Happy Saturday everyone!  I'm so glad not to be having to go to work today OR tomorrow!!  And tonight Kent and I are going over to Anne (and Jay) Harmon's house (a fellow stamper - jdmommy on SCS) for dinner.  I made today's card for two challenges and I made it for Mother's Day as a friend asked me to make one for her to send to her daughter-in-law.  She has 5 sons and is so happy to have a girl in the family now! (and she's given her a granddaughter as well!)
I stamped the panel with the Pin Stripe Backgrounder Stamp from Waltzingmouse using Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass and then I cut it with my ever present Stitched Mat Rectangle die from Lil' Inkers Design.  I added a piece of cloth tape, wrapping it around the ends of the panel.  I looped some twine in loose circles then taped part of it to the panel and added the Pretty Prima Flower over the taped area.  The sentiment is from a retired PTI set (you can order it from the Vault for $48!) Women of Life that I stamped on a Die namics Sentiment Strip from MFT.  I added some Lemonade Blend sequins from Avery Elle and home made enamel dots that I made by melting Perler Beads (see instructions here).  I love the fanciful look the looped twine gives the card!

And here are the two challenges that inspired my design:
Time Out Challenges (to Case this card by Virginia Lu) I used different colors, a different flower and background.

Stamps:  Women of Life - PTI,  Pinstripe Backgrounder - Waltzingmouse.
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  cloth tape, - e2Daily, enamel dots made from Perler Beads, lemonade blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Stitched  Mat Rectangle die - Lil' Inker Designs, Prima Flower - eclectic Paperie, Glue N Seal - Ranger, button twine - Waltzingmouse, sentiment strip die - MFT.

19 comments:

Doris said...

Love that loose twine look! Thanks for the tutorial on making our own enamel dots. I'll have to give that a try.

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous! Lovin' that bloom and the twine action! Happy Saturday!!!

Shoregirl said...

What a pretty card! I love the soft tones you used!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your card is magnificent, Julia!! Before I scrolled down I thought, oh, my, that is so perfect for the Time Out challenge! You totally rocked CASEing Virginia! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a very pretty card! Your colors scream "girl" :) Say HI to Anne for me, and enjoy dinner

Gerrina said...

Your card is beautiful and elegant! Enjoy your weekend... Thank you for taking the Time Out to join us, Gerrina

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty card!

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Love how feminine this card is. Great take on Virginia's card and thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous Mother's Day card.. I love that big flower.. great card..

Virginia Lu said...

What a GREAT take on the challenges! You have used the soft colors so beautifully , Julia! Your friend will love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card Julia! That blossom is AMAZING!

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card. Love the BG and the colors are yummmy too!

Chriss Blagrave said...

A real beauty, soft and elegant, perfect Mother's Day card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card!, Julia!

Loll Thompson said...

Gorgeous card Julia. Love the soft and subtle tones - so pretty. Loll xx

Jeanne J said...

I love your flowery card. The twine is wonderful! I love how you mixed the sequins and enamel dots, I'm always picking one or the other. They look amazing together,- a little sunshine and sparkle sprinkled on!

Nonni said...

Such a delicate, beautiful card! I love the soft pastel tones. Great CASE! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Beverley said...

So pretty and delicate, love your take on the inspiration card. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge :) Hugs Bev x