Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tissue Feather Wishes

I was so enthralled by the Case Study inspiration this week - which is a card by guest Muse Joni, who is SO creative in her designs!
I don't do sewing on my cards (my machine NEVER sews right!) so I needed to think of a different way to make it look like this.  I decided I'd use my Funky Feathers from Waltzingmouse along with the coordinating dies and I had two colors of pink tissue paper that I had saved from gifts received stashed in my craft room.  Then I realized I could use the Waltzingmouse Gift Card It die to give me the slots needed to slip my feathers through (I love when I can figure out a use for something other than it's original purpose!) - and this beautiful sentiment from Big Day Today fit perfectly in the center space.  I left most of the feathers unattached at their tops to give the feeling of light and airy.    I love how cool and funky this looks!
I'm also linking this card to Seize the Birthday - use some bling (I used sequins)
Stamps:  Big Day Today and Funky Feathers - Waltzingmouse
Paper: White - PTI, dark and light pink tissue paper - from stash.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black and Watering Can
Accessories:  Sugar Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Dies - Funky Feathers and Gift Card It - Waltzingmouse, Glue N' Seal - Ranger.


13 comments:

Deepti said...

Beautiful, I like how u replaced the leaves with feathers :) it looks gorgeous

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous take Julia!!!

~amy~ said...

super fun take on the inspiration! Love it!

Annette Allen said...

wow wow wow... gorgeous..

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!! What great use of those funky feathers - can't wait to play with the fine ones too soon (I hope!)
Wishing you a great week, hugs, Karin

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous fresh designs, Julia.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Julia! The feathers look beautiful paired with the elegant sentiment!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great way to use the gift it die! Great card!

Jeanne J said...

Hi Julia! How clever to use feathers! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Shirley Ross said...

I really like what you did with the sentiment and the feathers! The colors are wonderful and the sequins just really make it all pop. Very fun and yet elegant too!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing card...love what you did with those feathers.

Colleen said...

Amazing! those feathers are gorgeous with this technique...great take on the inspiration! Thank you for linking it up to Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

Those are funky feathers! Great card. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin