Monday, March 17, 2014

Sponging and Water Drops for Easter

I have some more Easter cards to share today -  I made both of them for the current Case Study challenge - I just love the look of the deep sponged colors and water drops on it!

I made a religious Easter Card - and a secular Easter Card. Two friends and I are running our monthly Card Stamping Workshop at my church and I will be teaching both of these cards for it.

For both cards - I stamped the images with Versamark ink on a white panel and embossed using clear embossing powder.  Next,  I sponged the Distress Inks over the panel.   To finish it, I flicked water drops onto the panel, blotting off the excess water with a paper towel.  If I wanted more spots, I repeated the water flicking and blotting until I liked how it looked.
The cross is from Prayer Journal set by Clear Dollar Stamps and the sentiment is a rubber on wood stamp from Denami Designs.

The stamps on this card are from Spring Baskets and A Good Egg by Waltzingmouse.

This is a simple technique and gives such an interesting result!
And since it's St. Patrick's Day -  if you'd like to see what I've created in the past for it -  you can check my posts here.  Everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day!!


He is Risen
Stamps:  Sentiment - Denami Designs wood/rubber stamp, Cross - Prayer Journal set/Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Distress Dusty Concord and Victorian Velvet
Accessories:  clear embossing powder, heat gun, water.

Happy Easter Basket
Stamps:  A Good Egg, Spring Baskets - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  white - PTI
Ink: Versamark,  Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn
Accessories:   clear embossing powder, heat gun, water.

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome projects...I posted my card for CASE study today too. Love that technique!

cbuswell said...

Love your cards, it's such a fun technique! Happy St.Patrick's Day, those hats are brilliant! : )

Charlene said...

Great cards!!!!Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

*Vicki* said...

Love the watercoloring Julia!! Those hats are darling too! :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Both beautiful cards!

Lee-Anne said...

Wonderful cards...awesome technique! Such gorgeous colors!

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Julia! Your projects are gorgeous! Love the beautiful backgrounds that you created and the Irish hats are perfect for the occasion!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Julia, the first card, with the cross, simply took my breathe away! That is so beautiful!!!! I'll be trying that technique, for sure! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Joni nina Andaya said...

So Gorgeous Julia!!! Love all your cards :)

Joyce said...

These are both just gorgeous. I love those rich colors and the water drops.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a fabulous technique, Julia...love the results on both cards and the St. Paddy's day hats are just tooo cute!!!! Hope you had a great St. Paddy's Day!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Just amazing! Love your water coloring, so beautiful.

Deepti said...

Gorgeous inking, love those hats ;)