Friday, March 21, 2014

Hello Friend

Hello Friend! Isn't that a happy little salutation!  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!  I used some brandy new crafties on my card today -  the Sale Tag #10 die and Wet Paint stamp set both from PTI.  And, of course, I used a stitched mat rectangle die, a few sequins and a ribbon!

My card was inspired by two challenges:
CAS-ology Cue Card BLUSH  -  I used Sweet Blush cardstock
I was inspired by the cut out center, the striped ribbon and the pale green and pink colors on this wonderful creation by Joni - guest Muse over at the Case Study this month! Boy, does that girl have creative ideas for her card designs!

As I posted yesterday - today I spent the day up in Exeter, NH at the Ecclectic Paperie - owned by Kim Schofield - at a wonderful workshop run by Wendy Vecchi. Today's class was called:  Ranger Inks Studio 490 Style.   We made 22 tags using different inks, papers, sprays and techniques.  What a long day - what a great day - and my fingertips are completely inky!  Here are some shots of the day.  Here's Wendy and Kim
Wendy instructing us on how to do one of the tags.
My new stamping friends - Melinda and Janet, Wendy and me
 and a shot of just 10 of the 22 tags that we created today.  Wendy gives out stickers for the back of each tag listing the materials we used and the technique we did on that tag so we'd remember when we got home!
And I'm going back tomorrow from 9:30 am - 5:30 pm for round two! Saturday's class is called:  Mixed Media Tag Art Journal. Oh, and I also bought a whole big shopping bag of NEW STUFF that I learned how to use!!  What more could a girl want from a weekend?!!?


Stamps:  Wet Paint - PTI
Paper:  White, Sweet Blush - PTI
Ink:  Adirondack Willow and Mountain Rose
Accessories:  foam tape, May Arts Ribbon, Tag Sale #10 die - PTI, Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil' Inker Designs, Lucky Blend Sequins - Avery Elle.

18 comments:

Annette Allen said...

looks like you had a fabulous time.. love getting together with other crafty friends.. your card is gorgeous..

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wonderful, cool event and tags, distress is so COOL!!!

Love your BLUSH card, so lovely!! Thanks for joining us at CASology Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Julia! How fun! Looks like you had an amazing time with those women and made some fabulous projects! TFS :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super sweet tag too :)

*Vicki* said...

What an adorable card!! Love the tag set too!! So nice to meet with friends doing what you love! ;) HUGS

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet card! I love the little scalloped piece on the die, and I"m quite jealous that you got to and are getting to again go to EP for those classes, sounds like so much fun!

~amy~ said...

Yahooooo for your new goodies...love your card!!!!!! I've used some of my new things, for Tuesday's blog hop!

Okay, sounds like you had an amazing day yesterday and back for another...that's awesome! Can't wait to see what you create!

Kristie Goulet said...

I have never heard of Eclectic Paperie and I live in NH?! WHAT?!!! So happy you shared. Thank you! I LOVE your blush card and the tags you created, how fun!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!!

Loll Thompson said...

Looks like you had a fun and productive day Julia!! Looking forward to seeing what you learn today. Shopping is always the best right after class so you can get all the goodies to try out new techniques you've learned. So fun!! Loll xx

Kim Heggins said...

Looks like you had a wonderful class...so much fun! And your card is about as sweet as they come!

Judy1223 said...

Julia, this is such lovely blush paper...adore this card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

baileyrosy.com said...

I couldn't be more jealous I miss the UK so much when I read about all of these amazing workshops, sounds you had a fabulous day. I adore your card so pretty and again jealous of the PTI set I do wish they where available in Europe I have such a long wish list for their products sigh !!!!!

marie

Cathy Weber said...

You are so LUCKY!!! What a fun day. I love your sweet little scalloped card and I bet we are going to be seeing some great new techniques from you after your weekend class!

Deepti said...

This looks like fun :) I so wish something like this happens in my city too ...

Anita in France said...

Looks as though you had loads of fun, Julia ... amazing tags ... and what a sweet tag card too! Anita :)

Joni nina Andaya said...

How FUN is this!!! Ooh you pink card with a tag is simply Lovely!!!

Shirley said...

Thanks for sharing part of Wendy with us! Your card is lovely and reminds me I want to start paper piercing too!! The colors are sensational and the whole card is wonderful!!