Saturday, February 15, 2014

WMS Team Talk Post - and a WMS Nod to Sochi

Today's my day to post over at Team Talk - the WMS Inspiration Blog.
I've posted several simple but classic birthday and thank you cards, using a sentiment and a border stamp.  Here are two of them.


And I felt I would really be remiss if I did not give a WMS nod to the Sochi Olympics after seeing the wonderful Matryoshka doll on the slopes of the snowboarding competitions! (I googled Sochi Olympics Matryoshka to find these news photos.)
The first day I saw the doll on the slopes I knew I just had to make a card using the WMS You're a Doll Set, Alpine Christmas. and Alpine Christmas Die.  The official mascot of the Sochi Olympics is in blue and white seen here.
I'm entering my Sochi card into the following challenges:
Cas(e) this Sketch
 
Case Study #178


 I'd really appreciate your checking out my other card designs over at Team Talk!

Stamps:  Thank You and border from Join Us,  Happy Birthday from Free Spirit Sentiments, border from Holiday Labels No. 14 - Waltzingmouse
Ink:  Versafine -  Onyx Black, Olympia Green and Vintage Sepia

Sochi Card
Stamps:  You're a Doll, Alpine Christmas, Words of Wisdom - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White - PTI, dark Blue Prismatics , blue - Coredinations
Ink:  Ranger Distress - Salty Ocean
Accessories:  alps die from Alpine Christmas die set - Waltzingmouse, enamel dots - My Minds Eye, foam dots.

11 comments:

Pauline said...

These are fabulous, so simple, but very elegant. I too have been playing with the Dolls! Love them!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!!
Laura

Sharli Schaitberger said...

The WMS doll is a wonderful idea as a tribute to Sochi! You are so clever! Hugs!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic cards Julia! Love the tribute to the Olympics! So cuuuuute!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a card! You totally nailed the Sochi Olympics.

Jeanne J said...

So cool! I missed the doll at Sochi - glad you shared it - really clever to incorporate her into the mountain background!

Shirley said...

Your cards are simply wonderful! My fav is the Matryoshka doll card and thanks for sharing the Sochi olympic pix too!

Deepti said...

Wow the first two cards are so elegant, I love the mountains behind the doll :) now heading over to team talk !!

Aimes said...

Love that landscape!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)

Debby Hughes said...

Great inspiration! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Julia! I love how you were inspired by the Olympics! It's perfect! Great take on the sketch!