Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Perfect Sketch

I don't know what it was about this sketch -  but it quite tickled my creative fancy and I made 5 cards using different colors and washi tapes and sentiments!  

My friends Elizabeth, Jeannine and I are running a card stamping workshop at our church on Sunday.  Everyone gets to make 3 cards for $10.00.    We each design one of the cards.  Since it's a February workshop - we planned to make Valentines - so I created this one - using patterned paper and two washi tapes.  Stamps and arrow die are from Love Struck from Paper Smooches.
But some of the people signed up said they won't need 3 Valentines - so we will each offer birthday alternatives. This happy birthday sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms (retired).  I stamped it on a sentiment strip die from MFT.
See how different a design looks by just changing the colors?  More masculine above - more feminine below!
Then - a woman at church asked me if I could make her 2 thank you cards that would say Happy Valentine's Day inside.    I designed this one for the man she wants to send one to.  She wanted it masculine and not lovey dovey.  I used 3 washi tapes, a Stitched Mat Rectangle from Lil' Inker Designs and sentiment from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse.
and I designed this one for the woman she wants to send one to - stamp from Paper Smooches Love Struck.
And now I'm sure you are wondering where I found this great sketch that inspired me so much!  I found it at Stamplorations Challenge #5
 
I'm also entering the Heart Felt Gratitude card in the Addicted to CAS Code word Love challenge

I'm entering the Love Struck card in the Paper Smooches Anything Goes challenge

We're in for another snow storm here in Massachusetts today -  6"-10" possible - I'll be shoveling and snow blowing when I get home from work for sure!

19 comments:

Antje said...

Isn't it amazing how sometimes our mojo can explode? Love all your cards, each is different and unique. Love also, that you used different sentiments!

Anne Harada said...

Oh my word, you are the creative one! What a great way to use Washi's. Love the clean design and versatility of this sketch Ms. Julia!! Thanks for sharing the inspiration! Hope you are well my friend!! Hugs, Anne

Deepti Stephens said...

All cards are just beautiful, Julia.. :)

Loll said...

It is a great sketch!!! And I love how different the colors and patterned washi tape makes each one so unique. Great job on all the cards Julia. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

sandie said...

oh wow you did love this sketch! And these are all just fabulous, such sleek designs, thank you so much for joining us at STAMPlorations and ATCAS

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Julia - wow you have been busy! All the cards are fab., and I love how you used the washi tape in your designs.
It's great to see you here at ATCAS again - thanks so much - Sylvia.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! Your cards are Amazing - wish it was only a great sketch that made a great card - know it is not though ... You are so talented - LOVE your style! Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous set of cards Julia! Love all the mix of colors and sentiments! What a great idea!

Deepti said...

Ooo la la these are so sweet, love the washi tapes and those arrows :)

maria f. said...

Wow, Julia. Love that you loved the sketch. Isn't fun when that happens? I love the last two with the stitched rectangles holding your sentiments. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations again (loved your feather card last month - have that stamp set on my wishlist now!)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you rocking out the sketch! Fabulous set of fun cards!! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'll say you liked that sketch! LOL And you know what? I like each variation you created. What a GREAT way to use skinny strips of patterned paper. :)

Thanks so much for the love at my blog this morning. THose candle rings were from AC Moore craft store at Christmastime. You have those stores in MA, right?

Joni Andaya said...

What Amazing cards Julia! Fun and creative love each one :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, Julia, awesome set of cards! Lots of possibilities as you've demonstrated. I really like how you've kept everything clean with most of the patterned papers/tapes having a white base to them. A great modern feel to them!

Erin said...

What a fantastic set of cards! The colors on your Love Struck card are wonderful together.. I love it!

Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia. Your cards are just amazing. I like how you changed the mood by using different colours. Good Luck for your class, I am sure everyone will enjoy themselves. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sketch #5 Challenge at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika (DT)

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous use for patterned paper...I love each and everyone of them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia, love all of the cards and how much fun and how different they are from each other, changing up the Washi very effective. Sounds like your card classes are such good value wish I could come along. Thanks so much for your continued support at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous CAS cards, Julia! I love all your cards. You totally owned the sketch!

~Shery