Saturday, February 8, 2014

17 Minutes or Less

Papertrey Ink is having a fabulous celebration of it's 7th Birthday with this month's release that includes daily challenges.  Today's challenge is called The Timer challenge and these were the rules:
  • You have 7 minutes to grab 7 supplies to use on your card.  This needs to include your ink, paper and stamps too, so maybe you should be sure to grab the basics first and go from there!  (You do not need to count adhesive as one of your limited supplies.)
  • Then create a quick card in 17 minutes or less using the supplies you selected!
I started my card at 11:17 pm and finished it at 11:30 pm - so it took me 13 minutes.  I used 1) paper,        2) Lovely Layers Die set, 3) black ink and 4) a sentiment from Polka Dot Parade #8. (If I need to count each die separately - the total would be 7!)

My colors were inspired by the Card Concept challenge - Use Monochromatic Pink - I think my card falls in the Clean and Simple category.
My design was inspired by this week's Cas(e) this Sketch
Are you watching the Sochi Olympics?  I'm going to have to arrange my stamping around the events I want to see.  I don't have a TV in my craft room but there is one where I have my computer.  So I can't stamp and watch - but I can blog and watch!

Stamps:  Polka Dot Parade #8
Paper:  White, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Lovely Layers Die set - PTI, foam dots.

23 comments:

Deepti said...

This is stunning :) and isn't completing a card in 17 mins a big achievement :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Julia! Great take on the challenge!

Diana K said...

Love everything about this!

Pauline said...

Beautifully CAS Julia, I'm amazed you got this done in 17 minutes! I don't think I can do that!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome CAS card! Love that image~ Wasn't this a fun challenge!

Annette Allen said...

oh wow totally gorgeous.. love that flower..

Cheryl said...

A 17 minute card? Splendid work, as always, Julia!! Love the clean look and tonal colors!

Shirley said...

I could really use the quick technique! Yours is very simply elegant. Love that flower!

Karen Oliver said...

Wow 13 minutes thats impressive such an elegant clean and simple card. Yes been watching the Sochi Olympics was an amazing opening ceremony just about to catch up and see how one of our nz snowboarders went he was competing early hours of this morning.

Darnell said...

This is sooo pretty, Julia! I love your monochrome and elegant focal point!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Lara said...

Magical 3D design Julia.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your card Julia!
Thank You!!

Marybeth said...

Nicely done Julia! Love this one and look at you all those challenges. Simply beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...just beautiful, you flower look real too.

Ardyth said...

Love the look of the layered die cuts! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Karen Davis said...

A gorgeous use of the Lovely Layers dies Julia. A fabulous CAS card. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.

Joni Andaya said...

What a Beautiful card Julia!!! Love the pink :)

Kay Miller said...

Wow! Amazing that you created this lovely card in such a short amount of time! I Just love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty, Julia! Perfect take on the sketch!

Jen W. said...

Love that flower medallion you created, Julia! So clean and classy! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Michelle said...

So beautifully CAS….. LOVE all of the pinks/corals!

Chrissy Larson said...

Great layers! WOW!

anja curvers said...

Wow this is stunning love it.